Saying he will have to buy me A ring is he thinking of marrying me?

My boyfriend of several months told me he wants to settle down and get married. I said I do too. I met his family. He is taking a big professional exam that will be hard to study for and take months to prepare for. He asked me if I will encourage him to study I said yes. Then he said after my exam I will have to buy you a nice ring because I will be studying a lot and not as much free time.

Wow is he thinking of engagement?

3mo He's 33 I'm 25 and we grew up religious where marriage happens faster in our culture. His exam would be in at least six months and we were dating for two so to get engaged between one year or so is normal.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like it. My advice -- forget the engagement ring. Save the money for something useful, like a down payment on a home.

Most Helpful Girl

• He might just be thinking about getting you a nice present for supporting him, and it might be a promise ring also. Either way I would wait a little, if you have only been dating him several months. Even if you knew him before you need to get to know him as your boyfriend, give it time before you are knowing him as a fiancee.

We don't do promise rings lol

To me it's not a step. I refuse to wear a promise ring. Only an engagement ring.

You have been dating him several months, that is very fast. And why not wear a promise ring it shows commitment to you and promises he will stay with you, just like an engagement. But it isn't a huge spectacle so that when he is fully ready to purpose he can do it big. Promise rings aren't always about abstinence and or religion if that is what you are thinking of.

What Guys Said 1

• Several months? Seems Kind of quick.

What Girls Said 5

• Could be just a ring you know

• Yes he does.

• How old is he? How many months? It depends on his age adult who are between 25-35 are looking to settle down doesn't matter if it's several months.
    So I guess yes he's trying to see your reaction first
    Good Luck

• I had boyfriend say that to me and nothing came of it!

• Yes seems like it, congrats