So what's the deal on wedding and engagement rings?

when a guy proposes , he gives the lady a ring

and at the wedding he gives her a ring
so when it's their wedding dk they take the engagement ring off or what?
im so confused 🤔

1mo Any guy who answers I will sext with
And any girl I will do whatever with

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of women apparently want a nice engagement ring, then a wedding ring. They often are made to match or similar designs... I imagine the engagement ring is taken off before the ceremony and he gives her the wedding ring.

Most Helpful Girl

• The engagement ring is a promise, and worn on the left hand. On the day of the wedding she puts it on her right hand and he puts the wedding band on her left hand. After the wedding she put the engagement ring back into her left hand over the wedding band

What Guys Said 3

• The engagement ring is taken off before the ceremony, and can be put back on after. That way the wedding ring is "closest to the heart".

• They take them off and put them back on at the wedding

• they wear the engagement ring from when theyre engaged to the day of the wedding, then on the day of the wedding he puts on the wedding band for her.

What Girls Said 10

• The woman wears the engagement ring (top one in the photo below) after her man proposes. At the wedding, he slips the wedding band (bottom one in the photo) on her finger as well.

www.hannoush.com/.../bs1153.jpg

• an engagement ring is a step forward in a relationship leading towards marriage and a wedding ring... well its like a proof of love.. I don't know

• in my country, we have actually in total of 3 gold rings :
    1. for meet up with parents - literally this is like present to say "hi, are you interested?"
    2. for engagement - this one same like western, for booking lolz
    3. wedding - for marriage

but there are also occasion where you can change the ring into other jewelry like gold necklace or bracelet, just in case she thinks 3 rings are too many... but of course... it cost higher lolz

• Some people stack the two rings. Others put the engagement on their right ring finger and put the wedding band on the left ring finger. Some just wear the wedding band and put the engagement ring in the vault. I like the stacked look.

• The engagement ring is whatever it is. At the we'd I they wear a wedding band. To like seal the deal

• I am married but I don't like my engagement ring (we ordered it online and it was cheap) so I only have one ring, my wedding ring.

• Im wearing both

• I think the lady wear both the engagement ring and the wedding ring. Either on the same hand or on different hands :)

• When a man wants to marry you, he will get an engagemnet ring and propose to you. The ring goes to the left ring finger. After the engagement, you guys start planning wedding. On wedding day, when they announce you husband and wife, the engagment ring can be taking off before hand. The wedding band (just the round band) goes closer to your heart. Then slip back the engagement ring.

• Wedding ring on the other hand