How do I get him to propose to me?

I've been dating my boyfriend for a year, and I know he's the one. He's kind, smart and funny, but he won't propose! It's driving me crazy! We've been talking about marriage forever, and he says he loves me. We have mind-blowing sex, similar interests, and complimentary personalities. Its everything I could ever ask for. I want to make him mine RIGHT NOW! What can I do? I'm desperate. Thanks for the help.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol, a year isn't that long and if he's he's your age, assuming you're 20... Good luck, that's all I can say. I mean every guy's different, but I don't know any guy who would want to tie down at 20.. Not in this time anyway. I'm sure he'll propose when he feels ready to get married. Me personally and most my guy friends would agree, we wouldn't be thinking about marriage until at least over 2 years of being in a relationship and when we're at least over 25.

Most Helpful Girl

• How much have you talked about marriage with him? He should know that you're interested in a future that includes him. He should know you're open to his proposal if there is one. How long have you known him, I mean do you feel like you know him do well you know everything about him. Not knowing, might be holding him back a little, just don't pressure him some guys get scared and run.

When we were to the stage you're at we talked about marriage, expectations our hopes and dreams all the time. So both of us knew the other was open to a proposal. We had also talked about how long we thought our engagement should last.

What Guys Said 5

• You've been together for a year and you're asking him to propose?

If he's older, it is highly unlikely that he will propose to a 20 year old, no offense.

Also you need to realize that marriage is an antiquated concept and the slight majority of guys no longer see it as necessary.

• All you really can do is keep hinting at it. He may want to wait for something special like your next anniversary, or maybe he's waiting to get a perfect right g or so. thing of that sort. Patience is key to everything so give him a tad more time 😁

• Perhaps your boyfriend is still pursuing some other goals in his life and ain't exactly ready to seal the deal? For example, he might be going after that one promotion he needed to make the marriage more financially secure.

• i'm traditional, how do i get my favourite cafe to serve the meal i want without me telling them that i want it?

• How about you propose to him?

I'm traditional.

You can't just wait around for things to happen to you. Newsflash, things might not always go your way

What Girls Said 10

• You can't get him to do it thats the thing and even if you could I wouldn't want him to if I had to force him to. Keep in mind if you're the type of girl who wants that engagement ring, they can bring stress for people who are proposing-- they aren't cheap and can take ages to save up for. I know its probably the answer you don't want to hear but you simply can't make someone propose to you if you want it to be genuine.

I guess I see your point, but I can assure you, our relationship isn't like that. He comes from money, and were made for each other.

especially if he's been married before.. it can cause some hesitation.

• Well first of all its been a year and you are probably still in the honeymoon phase. Plus its 2016 if you really want a proposal you should propose to him.

• I don't think you should "make" him to propose you, as he may not feel ready for it.
    but you can always tell him that you saw a video of a guy proposing to his girlfriend and stuff... and how would you feel if that ever happened to you, he might start thinking about it

• Have you ever considered proposing to him? That might be fun and some girls (like myself) have done it to their S. O

• You can't.. it's something he has to be ready and willing to do on his own.. it's only been a year.. you don't want to rush into marriage to quickly.

• You've only been together for a year...

• You can't exactly force him to propose to you. You can throw out some hints.
    But you have only been seeing each other for a year. It takes time, so just chill. Things will work out. 😊

• Show you snatch

• You sound stupid and irrational.

• How about you do it, instead of him 😉

I'm traditional, honey :)

Well whoever you are, he clearly scored :)

@10dsw thank you 😊