Girls, Were you ever a BRIDESMAID 💃💃?

My bro is getting married in November and my sis in law wants me to be a bridesmaid

currently plotting her death...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry to hear this! It sounds like you are not looking forward to being a bridesmaid!

I think you totally have a right not not be happy about it. Being a bridesmaid is a lot of work and expensive too! Plus maybe you just want to chill at the wedding and not have to actually do anything. I can get that too. Oftentimes a bridesmaid is expected to help get the venue ready (if the bride is doing her own decorations).

I think if you really don't want to do it, I would talk to your future sister in law. Explain that while you are completely flattered that she choose you to be a bridesmaid just let her know that you do not really feel comfortable being a bridesmaid. I'm sure she can find someone else to take your place or just have one less bridesmaid.

However if you can't get out of doing it, then just try to focus on the positive aspects of it. Hopefully you don't have to buy an expensive dress and hopefully she is kind to you through the whole process!

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 21

• LOL... Tf girl? Weddings are a blast!
    Everyone looks sooo damn good, and everyone loves everyone (if only for a day/night)... and even the sketchiest couple is a heartwarming love story, for those moments.
    Srsly, I LOVE weddings. Love everything about 'em.
    And yep, my eyes always tear up... sue me 💋

__

Not only have I been a bridesmaid several times, I've also been a grooms (wo) man, for one of my brothers' wedding party.

His side just happened to be short by 1 -- and all the other bridesmaids were short as living fuck ("always the last to know when it rains"), and I'm 6'2" in mah bare feets -- so, I rocked that fuckin' tux. <3

That was the one wedding I ALMOST *didn't* cry at, since I was so busy fixating on how weird it was to be wearing flat shoes to a social event. But... Still cried. (Their story actually IS a super duper tearjerker.)
    Hopefully everyone actually noticed I wasn't a boy ahah
    •____•

I love weddings too but I don't wanna be the center of att just once you know like I just wanna have fun

• She asked you to be bridesmaid? That bitch!

Yes, I was my best friend's bridesmaid, my cousin''s bridesmaid and my Sister's maid of honour.

You dread it for months and then end up absolutely loving it... although I will be happy to never have to plan another hen/bachelorette party ever again.

• Yep! I've been a bridesmaid once and a maid of honor once.

• Why are you plotting her death? What the eff😕?

Bridesmaid is awesome!! I was a bridesmaid for my sister's wedding, it was fun! And embarrassing because you will have to walk down the isle before she does... But with the best man..

It's an important role and you have to make sure she is well attended the while time.. And be there for her when she's getting dressed or needs anything.. Cause usually with the huge dress hey can't move much and will need a lot of help..

• Lol yes. I was the maid of honor in my sister's wedding last summer. Was supposed to be in another wedding last summer too, and I've been asked to be a bridesmaid from 2 of my friends this year. Really starting to believe that whole "always a bridesmaid, never a bride" thing lmao.

• I was when I was little, like 7 years old.

• Yeah, its no big deal it can be fun.

• the weddings I have attended are different than the weddings here ( in America).

so in a way I was, but we don't really have that in our weddings.

• Haha why don't you want to be one?

I was actually just asked last Friday in the cutest way (she loves those Pinterest crafts). Her wedding is next October though so it's awhile away.

Not in the mood of wearing a certain dress, and walking down the aisle, and being sweet and bla bla

Fair enough. I agree with you on that. I HATE walking in front of people so I'm guna hate that part. Bridesmaids dresses have loosened up a bit tho. Usually they let you wear different style dresses as long as they're the same color. Everything else is a blast though. It's just the ceremony that's guna be awkward

• I never have been a bridesmaid but am going to be a bride next September.

Congratulations ❤️

thank you very much, to further answer your question though I would tell her you don't have interest in being a bridesmaid,

• No thank Jesus lol

• getting addicted to this stupid ass website.

• Nah :P

• Like three times before. I did not mind.

• No, thank god.

• No but I want to be one!

• Nope

• Yeah it was fun. I had to wear a purple dress 😊

• Twice. Then I was supposed to be the Maid of Honor for my sister, but she died before the wedding. 😢😢 Love your family!!

What? How? OMG

That's so horrible. And thanks so much ❤️

Hope you have a teeny bit of fun. 😊

• Yep. 3 times

• I was supposed to be a bridesmaid in one wedding, and I dropped out early (that did NOT go over well with the bride), and the second one, which I was a bridesmaid in, was my brothers wedding. It was pretty awkward because due to the distance between us, I'd only ever met the bride twice, and then there I was with three other girls I'd never met, her side of the family I'd never met, trying to do bridesmaidy things which were difficult because I didn't know much about the bride other than what my brother had told me and from our brief interactions prior to the wedding, that she seemed nice.