Ladies, how do you feel about provider husbands?

Let's say that you have moved in with the man you married (or your domestic partner, if you aren't officially married to him) ...

... And he feels that it's his vocation as the man in the marriage/partnership to fully provide for his woman, and he's capable and happy to fully provide you.

How would you feel about that situation? Would you be happy with him taking care of you so you can focus on other things? And how would you feel about such a guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well my husband is that guy, he barely says "no" to me. I get almost everything I want.
    But there's a thing I never abuse the fact that he can give me what I want, I just get what I need when I take his credit card but I am not that type of woman that want's to sped $500 on some bullshit. I am very simple I am not about the labels or whatever, I prefer going on trips and enjoying his company at all times (doing couple massages or spa day, outdoor activities).
    I have my job and I spoil him a lot because I truly appreciate what he does for me :)
    I think is great when the woman can control herself and doesn't spend the money in an irrational way.
    Is bad if she is a gold digger, she will be going deep in your pockets,

Most Helpful Guy

• Women have nothing but contempt for beta providers. Sure, she'll let him wife her up... after she's hit the Wall, after 15 years of giving her youth and beauty to thugs for free she'll make Mr Beta Provider pay new Ferrari price for a beat-to-shit Pinto. But she'll keep a lookout for a thug, and if one shows an interest she'll bang him in a heartbeat.

Never, ever be a provider. If you don't have women throwing themselves at you, learn some Game, PUA, whatever it takes to get laid, and then pump & dump your way through life. Fail to heed this advice and you WILL end up regretting it, either in divorce court or when you decide to stick it out in a shitty, miserable marriage.

What Girls Said 9

• I personally wouldn't want to do that. I want to go out and work and be able to bring home money and make a contribution. I don't want to be provided for and I don't want someone who thinks that it's his job to do that because he's a man.

• I'd love it but I'd still want to work so I'm helping because we can save up. When we have kids I plan to stop working and kids are expensive so I don't want us to struggle.

Plus id get bored and don't want to be a housewife unless I were taking care of the kids... I'm traditional but not completely

• That is how it is in my culture and is normal to me.
    And just that detail doesn't say much about him other than that he is traditional.

• I wouldn't want to be with a guy like that. It is very unappealing to me.

• I Would really be very very happy I really Would Like have men Like That but before I take diplom in case he die I could take care the kids on my own
    But If I have husband Like That I Would be very happy

• I'd like to at least help out. I wouldn't mind being the sole provider

• I would never want to become completely dependent on a man. This is 2016, not 1956.

• I would be appreciative but I would feel that I want to contribute as well. I wouldn't want to fully depend on him to take care of me. I wouldn't want him to feel too much pressure to do so then later become resentful.

• I'm too independent to allow a man to be the sole provider. I'd feel too vulnerable if he was the full provider. I want a marriage where we both depend on each other , not where one is in total control over caring for the other ones needs

What Guys Said 1

• I dont understand who takes cate of the provider? What if the provider falls ill? Then the family is fucked.