Does the price of the wedding/engagement ring matter?

Does it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no. You can buy the most expensive ring and still be shallow, but a true woman, someone who really cares would wear a twine thread and feel richer than a Queen

Most Helpful Guy

• Technically, the ring in and of itself is a scam.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5kWu1ifBGU

If both of you still agree that you want the ring as part of the experience, the important thing is that it is something you both can agree on and are making decisions because you both want it (and can afford it), not because you're being forced to do so.

In case you (like me) enjoy this informative series, here is a newer, expanded video on on wedding traditions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BeLinyfpg

I hope this is useful to you and hope you enjoy.

What Girls Said 16

• It matters to some people. For me, I wouldn't really care how much it costs. I would just be happy my boyfriend was proposing in the first place. Lol

• No, but please Id rather you just buy a nondiamond looking ring if its gonna be something from Walmart lol. Id orefer a simple band, but fake diamonds are stupid.

Also, I know girls who this really does matter to. Because they believe they deserve it. They refuse to acknowledge they are gold diggers.

diamonds are stupider than fake diamonds. are you cutting glass? then you don't need a diamond. that's their only true value lol

• My wedding ring is $1000

• Oh hell no it's the thought and love that counts

• It shouldn't... its just a ring... but it does matter to your wallet

• Not really

• I'd say it matters a little bit. I definitely don't want a big one, it would get in the way too much and it's not really my style. But it should be quality enough that it doesn't turn my finger green. The one I really want is about $300.

• I think engagement rings are a joke...

• Quality matters and since quality and price are usualy tied together, yeap, it matters.

not really since diamonds aren't even scarce. the whole thing is a racket that fools fall for. research diamonds, they're beyond common. or better yet, just go look at the price of some diamond cutting blades, which are a nickel a piece-which kinda reveals it.

• To some people the price does matter. I guess you could say I'm one of them, but I want one that costs less then $500.

• No it doesn't matter at all. It's something that is a symbol so the price doesn't matter at all

• i want a simple wedding so it doesn't matter really

• No, we don't buy rings in my culture. All you need is a wedding ceremony.

• As long as it doesn't turn any fingers green, I'm sure it's fine.

• Kinda, if it's so cheap it breaks then yes, beyond thay who cares.

• Nope! In fact, I honestly think it's a little ridiculous how much engagement rings cost. There are rings just as beautiful without real stones. But, then again I'm a minority in not finding diamonds and jewelry all that appealing.

What Guys Said 10

• No it doesn't matter. If it does then they are a materialistic. However I wouldn't go out and buy at 2 dollar ring when you know you can afford more. It should be something nice but doesn't break your bank.

• Get a Zirconia instead of a diamond. As long as they aren't a jeweler they won't be able to tell. The only way she would know is if she got it appraised, and if that happened and she was mad, you would know she is greedy and to leave. It's a win/win. Either it costs much less, or you avoid future heartache.

• It shouldn't.

But if it does, to your girlfriend, then it is perhaps a warning sign.

• Yes becauase the more money you irrationally blow away on your loved one the more you love them because love = money so more money = more love.

• only a fool buys one in the first place. the more you spend the more of a simp you are. the more the price means to her, the more of a loser she is.

that's about it.

• only to a bitch

• women want a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ring
    it says i found a guy to suck him dry for money :p

• Pffft, who needs marriage?

• I spent $17000 on my wife's but it was just because I liked the way she looked

• No its only money just because I have it she still getting a harrie bow ring😂