Not a Prenuptial agreement but a Postnuptial agreement, would you agree to sign one?

We all know what a prenuptial agreement is but about a postnuptial agreement, where after you're already married you decide in case you get divorced you have them sign a agreement to leave what they came in with.

So, would you agree to that after your already married?

Also, which do you think is worse a prenup or a postnup? And, which one would you find more insulting to you a prenup or a postnup?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think post nups make sense in three situations:
    - marriage is rocky. They recognize a financial implication to continuing the marriage. For instance let's say the marriage is 2 years in. There are problems. If the divorce then vs 3 years later the financial repercussions might be different. So they might agree to a post nup to basically freeze the financial situation while trying to improve things.

- one party's family earns a pile of money and there's likely to be inheritance. They may want to ensure that in the event of divorce the family money goes to the kids not the ex spouse.

- one person makes 10s of millions. They would have had a prenup. Even then...

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a postnup is stupid because everyone should have prenups

What Guys Said 5

• It seems more prudent to push for a prenuptial than a postnuptial. What if you're already married and your husband/wife hates the idea and won't go along with it?

• None are worse. But prenups are perfectly finea and should be done if the couple wants to. I mean you're marrying someone, if you want their estate too earn it. You already earned their love and marriage. The rest comes after

• Well I would like to have a prenup. I would also like to know exact details of how we plan on rasing our children and save for retirement too before getting married. I also hope I don't have to get married lol.

• Is that really a thing? Wouldn't you have to keep updating it every few months?

• I think neither because it gives you an "easy out" and not work on things.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd be fine with either, though a prenuptial agreement sounds wiser.

• yup, i'm fine with both. if it puts our minds at ease... why not.