Why do girls like weddings so much?

In society it seems like girls growing up dream of the day they get married (and have kids).

They talk about them, they dream about them...

Is this true, why is it like this?

Me personally, I would like to get married to a nice girl one day... but it's not something I'm obsessed about... and I always hear my friend talking about weddings, and she works in a dress shop, and she dreams of marrying her boyfriend and having kids and also quitting her job... (Which sucks because I love her and her boyfriend doesn't want to marry her)

Is it a huge thing for all girls?

Why is it considered bad for a girl to want marriage? (Like avoiding these girls)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it is! Weddings are beautiful! 😭
    I use to dream about them when I was little, but I don't anymore. I am focusing on my studies at the moment. 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• Weddings are all about her! The groom doesn't really need to even be there! She is the focal point, she is one walked down the isle, she is one who makes all decisions about the wedding, she is one who collects all the gift money, she is one wearing white...

What Girls Said 3

• Things I never considered as a child. Getting married or having children.

Now I'm engaged. My fiance is all like, "Take your time planning it. I want it to be the fantasy wedding you always dreamed of."

And I'm all like, "I don't know how to tell you this, dude, but when I was apparently supposed to be planning my wedding as a nine year old I was actually playing horses with my friend and planning out the cattle ranch I wanted to own in Texas."

I literally have 0 plans for this wedding. I'm very tempted to just tell him that we should just take the money my parents gave me to pay for it and drop $40 on the court house documents and then just be done with it.

• Because we are egocentric and we all want our fairyfuckintale

• It's because they are romantic, and a wedding is one of the most special days in a girl's life.

What Guys Said 2

• I dunno, I always found this fucking stupid.

• they like feeling pretty, i mean, like, really pretty