Is it normal for a guy to not think much about wedding stuff, even if he plans to marry you?

I told him I didn’t really like his one female friend and he then said “I guess she won’t get an invite to ur wedding" ( we talked about being married already) and I said "of course not!" He understood, and then I said "I’d only want like 50 people at our wedding". I then asked him "what he thought about 50 people" and he said “haven’t thought about it much”

That pissed me off. When we first talked about marriage he brought it up first. Now he seems like he doesn’t care when i ask him about the details. Is is it normal for a guy to not think much about wedding stuff even if he plans and wants to marry you?

Also we arnt engaged yet, but he said he wants to be engaged to me soon (so he says) this still bugs me tho.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's completely normal most men realize that it's the woman's day and that it should be how she wants it. Most men are just happy to get the certificate and be done with it he is doing all of this for you so he would rather you pick and get it right than he pick and fuck it up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey, men dont think about the marriage hoopla trust me. I mean think about it, most of the things about weddings that seem exciting like 'The dress' , 'The cake' , 'The hairdo' , etc etc are kinda women centric!
    I think as long as a guy gives his opinions about the wedding or whatever you ask him about, it's completely fine! Besides, why are you pissed about something that isn't even happening currently. There's still time! Don't sweat the small stuff. You'll have a beautiful wedding!!

Answer mine too please?
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2119526-how-do-i-make-amends

What Guys Said 6

• For the most part, it depends on the man. Me personally I don't mind talking about wedding planning, I believe the man and woman need to mutual in participating in life together. If they are going to spend the rest of their lives together.

• Traditionally it seems like it. Girls are stereotyped as being mad for weddings while guys are known for having a more "eh" attitude.

• Yeah it's normal. You are focused on a wedding ceremony a marriage is not just a wedding ceremony. Even after you get engaged it really won't matter to him it's your day and it's just one day. Wouldn't you a want a happy marriage rather than being focused on a happy wedding.

• After suggesting kilts for the men I was banned from planning. (It would have been really funny!)

• Very normal I'd say. They are 99% centered around and about the bride and guys know this. So women think about it a lot. Some guys do but I'd say most don't give it much thought... it's not really about them despite what people say. My opinion anyway.

• I recently had to lay down the law to my wife about her sister's wedding she was going to be a bridesmaid for and that she would have to pull out. For starters the specific bridesmaid dress was so expensive, then she had to pay an expensive stylist on the day, then she had to get a spray tan, help pay for a bridal shower and spa day. Then the fact that both of us would have to take days offf work, travel to the venue two states away, book a few nights in an expensive hotel but the real killer was when she was told she must have an expensive teeth whitening before hand. I was like f*ck no I ain't paying for that.

What Girls Said 6

• Most men don't think about weddings in as much detail as women do... that's absolutely normal. He may have expressed his desire to get married or made generic comments about it but that doesn't mean he's thought about every single little detail.

There's really no reason to be so upset about that. It doesn't mean he doesn't care about you. Men and women often just have different ways of looking at things. From what I've noticed, men see the bigger picture whereas women focus on the smaller details. Of course I'm generalizing but it does seem to be true in many cases and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Totally normal. Any guy I've had the conversation with has said "whatever you want babe." Most guys don't really put much effort into planning (which I can totally get is annoying) but more just because they understand that we're going to want to plan everything and we have stronger opinions on how the day will turn out than they usually do. If you want him to take a more active part in the planning just let him know. He doesn't care, not because he doesn't want to marry you or because he doesn't care about you or the wedding, it just doesn't matter so much to him, and it's early so it's normal that he hasn't thought about it either..

• Yes it's very normal for a guy, even an engaged guy who's really into you not to be as excited about your wedding as you are. Why? Probably because little boys never dream about who they will grow up and marry like little girls. Probably because they don't have their wedding planned out before they hit their teens! Probably because most guys don't get thrilled about the whole drama of he wedding, the getting in front of a whole bunch of people and maybe getting a little emotional, (read that really embarrassed)... My guy was only sorta excited about our wedding. I think given the choice he would have eloped and kept the money my Dad spent on our wedding!! It's probably because guys don't have that excited about wedding gene that most girls have! Don't worry, for him he's already done the hard part in his mind, he found you, he fell in love with you!! = ]

• He probably doesn't care about the details that go into the wedding, tbh not most guys do, plus he probably only cares that you're happy with how things turn out and that you guys get married

• I'm engaged and my fiance doesn't care about 90 percent of the details lol. I think it's normal

• Girl I have the same problem as you, My boyfriend claims that he does want to get marride but every time I bring up the marrige conversation he makes a joke about it or I can not have a serious conversation with him and it pisses me off. We are both adults and it ridiculous because he knows by now that I hate it when I'm being serious in the conversation and then he decides to goof off. Man are hard to understand