We got engaged and then he suddenly broke up with me. What happened?

He casually asked me to marry him and of course I accepted. So he bought a ring and got his entire family together so they could spend time with me before he officially proposed and announced it to everyone. The gathering went perfect, his family loved me and seemed really excited. He took me home that night, gave me a hug and a kiss and went home himself. Then I didn't hear from him for 48 hrs before he finally called me and told me I'm friend material instead of girlfriend material, that I didn't pass his test with his family, and that every thing he's told me for the last year and 4 months was spur of the moment and he wished he could take it all back! All with an angry, "I don't care" tone and no apology. And I haven't heard from him since. His family is really disappointed and shocked and have been checking on me. Even all of his friends are shocked. He had been stressed about some family and work issues. Could that be what happened? I'm so confused. Please help! I don't know what to do now!

This all happened over the weekend and he broke it all off Monday night. I hate what he did but I love and miss him with all of my heart. If he does come back, he'll really have to prove himself to me first.

What Guys Said 2

• It sounds like he is really stressed out about something. Stay in touch with his family until you find out what it was.

But don't count on him going back on this. It would hard for him to admit he did the wrong thing and really embarrassing.

probably it's history.

• Thank you! I know what he's stressed out about. He's military and got restationed and that scares him. We were getting married partly so I could go to his station with him and not be away from him. And there are problems in his family that he feels like he needs to be here to help with. I really hope it's not history. I'm trying to give him time and I wonder if I should let him know I'm willing to talk when he's ready. Or if I'm just reaching. Thoughts?

• Anything is possible. Try to be a friend to him. I'm just saying not to COUNT on him restarting with you, because it would mean admitting he was wrong.

That can happen, but it's not the way to bet!

• do you not know how to make a sandwhich?

What Girls Said 0