Marriage leads to unhappy men. Agree/Disagree?

• Agreed
  • Disagree
  • Im triggered how dare you offend me
2mo its only meant as satire please dont take it to heart. As the man says "dont take it to heart. take it to bed"
2mo A majority of men agree so the answer is yes lol

Most Helpful Girl

• There is nothing wrong with marriage for goodness sake!
    If something goes *wrong* in the marriage, or it ends nastily/in divorce, then generally it leads to unhappy parties on both sides, but either way it's not exclusive to men.
    Besides, it's all about how you see things, and choosing the right person.

bullshit. you obviously dont' know the data.

ONLY women profit from divorce. that's why MOST divorce (70%) is initiated BY WOMEN.

you can't just make it up as you go. If you don't know, then pipe down and LISTEN on a topic, don't blather on in a fantasy world.

@feminismisnarcissism calm down bra, this isn't a rally in Munich

lol it's more serious than you think, brah

What Girls Said 14

• If you marry the wrong person, I can see how you'd be unhappy regardless of gender.

But I don't think it's inherently to make men unhappy. People nowadays need to stop settling and stop having an unreasonable Disney view of love and marriage.
    There's faults on both sides and both seem to arrogant to fix their internal issues, making it that much harder for their partner to be happy and work things out with them.

Don't ask this on GaG though, many of these guys can't get a girlfriend, let alone a wife, so of course their view is going to be skewed.

• Eh... in my own social circle the vast majority of my friends and family are quite happily married. A couple of people who've divorced but the splits were amicable and there were no kids involved.

I do know of some people who are unhappy in their marriages or who had a shitty divorce but not anyone I'm really friends with.

I think it comes down to this - happy/secure people tend to partner up with happy/secure people. Those people then have happy/secure marriages in which other partners feel supported and cared for.

Unhappy, bitterness resentful, untrusting people tend to attract people who are like them... so what happens? They end up resenting each other and becoming more unhappy and bitter and eventually they divorce. They go into their marriages expecting their partner to MAKE them happy and that's not how happiness works. When that doesn't work, they decide to have kids to try to save the marriage and figure THAT will make them happy... but all it does is create further stress and resentment.

Basically, I think that whether a couple is going to be happy or unhappy in their marriage is honestly really fucking easy to predict... positive but realistic people have healthy relationships. People with unrealistic expectations have shitty relationships and you can already see those dynamics at play before a couple ties the knot.

A lot of guys on here seem to think that it's a common occurrence for men to marry a woman who seems sooooooooo perfect but suddenly when she has a ring on her finger she does a full 180. I call bullshit. Maybe maaaaybe that happens once in a while but it's not a common thing. What is common is people getting into a marriage ignoring the warning signs, expecting someone to change, or or being wilfully ignorant of their own or their partners flaws.

Like, I'm sorry, but if your bride to be is turning into a bridezilla, shuts down every idea you suggest for the wedding, says it's HER day, etc etc you're a fucking dumbass for marrying her... she's showing you EXACTLY who she is. looking and you are choosing to ignore it. This is one scenario I have seen a few times and it's just so fucking predictable.

Ok? Who said anything about being the same?

Literally what I said was PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT. We are defined a lot more by our individual traits and characteristics than we are by our genders.

But if you decide to believe that all women are a certain way, then you're going to find that those are the only women you come across. Like I said, if you choose to believe that all women turn into fucking psychos when planning a wedding, you'll more than likely end up marrying an emotionally unstable woman who shows all the warning signs during the wedding planning that you just ignore because you think that's normal.

A lot of women end up with guys who are complete assholes because they are convinced that's normal and it's either accept that men are like that or be alone. I never accepted that and neither did most of my female friends. Just like most of my male friends never accepted that women are emotionally unstable lunatics. Interestingly, we all ended up with emotionally stable,

Kind and respectful partners... funny how that works!

• i disagree; people show be sure to whom they're getting married to

• It seems both genders are unhappily married these days

• No ones forcing you to get married so quit bitching. So many blue anons on GAG that try so hard to be oppressed. It's pathetic.

so many privileged white women in college trying so hard to be a victim of oppression get over yourself toots.

Then you aren't good at it.

😂😂😂 EMTs don't swear the Hippocratic oath...

There's a nominally similar oath of EMT professional ethics, at most schools... but the Hippocratic oath is for physicians.

__

Also -- even for doctors, the Hippocratic oath is, as this article says, "ceremonial and non-obligatory"
      www.einstein.yu.edu/.../page41_page44.pdf

... which should be obvious anyway. (Abortion is legal in the US, and physician-assisted suicide will be soon enough... so, clearly the Hippocratic oath has zero legal power.)

• No, unhappy marriage leeds to unhappy people.

• No, It's all about mentality. The men in my family are extremely happy. Just really have to LOOK and wait.

• And being single leads to bitter men?

you mean those MGTOW losers?

Maybe getting professional help and something else to focus on like a really important job or hobby is smart to do when a person is in that sort of a state.
      But yeah, frustration is a terrible feeling. But one you can choose to overcome - it just needs work.

These guys dont take professional advice though they should. Just something to think about when you talk to these "bitter" guys

• Agree entirely. Women have the whip hand in a divorce. The inequity of divorce is wicked.

• Your ex wife must have been a bitch. If only life were as simple as comics though

calm yourself dear im not the cartoon artist after all.

• Well the thing is... It can happen exactly like the picture for both genders and can happen a lot different. Maybe your experience wasn't good and I'm sorry for that but a lot of them aren't.
    No I'm not a girly girl that loves merriage and that stuff. Just saying. I don't wanna get married or have any children haha

• Disagree but if that's how you feel then absolutely do not get married.

• Marriage leads to unsatisfied men. It can also lead to unsatisfied women. Or, some people are happily married until death does them part. I agree with what you said, but I also know that there are more outcomes than that. Yes, it CAN lead to unhappy men, but of course other things can happen too.

With that said, I know a man who is unsatisfied and unhappy. I met him on a chat room and didn't know he was married until two years later. He fools around with young girls because his wife doesn't want to have sex. Actually, if you were to go to any adult chat room, you will see a TON of men with "married" or "husband" in the title, and even more so a bunch of men that will openly say they are married. Why are they on the chat room? Because, again, they're unhappy with their marriage. I also see women with titles of "wives" or "wife."

Some people don't like to stick with one partner. It seems like human nature. After some time, you get bored of them and want someone more interesting and fun. It happens all the time. Personally, I never want to get married. I want to be able to get out of a relationship fast in case they ever cheat on me.

• That's like, seriously jaded.

What Guys Said 20

• I think the golden rule is to always have a pre-nup first in case something goes wrong with a marriage, but even then, no absolute guarantees for protection from what I've heard.

The dude should have delayed step number 3, if the marriage didn't work out, starting over will almost always be easier without any children involved. Best to wait it out for the first 5-7 years or so first just to be safe. If something doesn't seem right and looks like it will go completely downhill and go wrong without any hope of turning things around, just split up.

As for all you guys that want to play and just fuck around, just play it the smart way get a Vasectomy and recommend all of your other buddies that don't ever want to get married either all to just get their Vasectomies done. But that is if only if you know any of them still want to sleep around frequently or as much as possible.

After that you all done, never have to worry about knocking any girl up accidentally or something. Then you can just sleep around as much as you like or want at your own risk, except for the unwanted and "accidental" pregnancies.

Much easier than worrying about unexpected Birth Control Failure, or being forced into some "Shotgun Wedding" lol

• Yes, my thirty plus married friends would agree. They have told me multiple times how they'd rather be single. The "old ball and chain" saying didn't came out of nowhere. That if you were able to sustain a tolerable, but self defeating marriage. If not, divorce comes next and it's just the worst thing that can happen to any man, simply.

A lot of women throw the facade, but once your married to her, with kids and whatnot then you'll find yourself with a very different person, one who already achieved her biological imperative (and doesn't really need to please you anymore), and you as a guy will be limited.

The solution is to live together with a woman and never succumb to her pressure to marry. I mean, if you are happy together and she really loved you then wouldn't be the most romantic thing to be together by mere volition? The moment you bring the state in what is supposed to be a relationship you're fucked.

• people can be unhappy after marriage, people can be unhappy before marriage. people can be unhappy without ever being married

and of course people can be happy in all those situations as well.

• Yes marriage = you are fucked for life ! I agree... I see many unhappy men.. stuck with wives who don't have sex with them Lol I feel like almost most men are in that position

yeah I hear that a lot. First they are throwing their pussy at you when your dating, then you get engaged they switch to wedding planning and the sex declines a bit, then after marriage you only screw to have kids and they let themselves go and throw that pussy at another younger guy

Not every women cheats dude... I was concerned more about wife's not having sex with their husbands. ..

• Marriage leads to *some unhappy men.

• You forgot part 2. Divorce in the 21st century.

i908.photobucket.com/.../...entury_zpsm4um8fz7.jpg

lol howd I miss that. Good man.

• In a good and healthy marriage both are happy in my believe

• Almost every guy i know that is married says "i love my wife, don't get me wrong. It would have been easier to stay single. Why limit yourself?"

• But of course!
    Look at the men voting 52% for Agreed and women only 12% on it. Coincidence? No, ITS THE BLUNT TRUTH FOLKS!!!

@JudgmentDay check this out!

Obviously some disgruntled women tried to get this question taken down lol. In todays PC culture your not allowed to speak the truth if it upsets minorities or butthurt white women with a gender studies or liberal arts degree.

• You see marriage in a horrible way, this doesn't always happen. It's also the fact that this can happen to women too, it isn't gender based.

• That square with the dude peeking his head in made me laugh lol

• Then don't get married dude. Not every marriage is like that

• I love the ending 😂

Guy: "How could you do this to me"😭?
    Girl: "He made me feel special" 😑.

• More reson not to get married.

I disagree though since not all marriages end like that.

• no, stop spouting cliches.

stop being a little bitch Holmes

• Why can't he please his wife? Can't he get some Viagra at least? What's the excuse for that?

He's too busy working 80 hours a week to support her and the kids. Since he's rarely there at home, she needs some dick. Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

@DrTruth he needs to stop, renegotiate with his ex and tell her if she doesn't he's going to quit his job and move countries and leave her to support herself. The situation is extreme so he needs an extreme solution.

@DrTruth this is why you should always sign a prenuptial that includes an alimony waiver

• women lead to unhappy men.

the happiest and healthiest people i've seen are monks... .

haha so true

Then become a monk and stop complaining.

• ... so the solution is to sleep around, fuck around or have a relationship or multiple sleeping partners outside marriage where there is no commitment and live a life of sin.

I guess that is what you are getting to or most will get to. Fine !! If you have no fear, go ahead.

• Marriage doesn't lead to unhappy men, divorce does, but you gotta get married to get a divorce of course.

• Yeah, marriage = defeat