What do you think about couples who don't allow their spouses to have friends of the other sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• They need a high five, in the face, with a chair.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's ridiculous. I grew up with both male and female friends and my partner would to be told where to go if he told me not to hang with my male friends. As they are only my friends and I don't see them as a potential sexual partner plus I am not a cheater, he would have no reason to worry. I know some men feel threatened by the women's male friends but I can't be with someone who won't respect my friendship just because of the sex of the person I am friends with. I am not giving up years of friendship for a relationship that may or may not work.

What Guys Said 15

• Either they are insecure or afraid due to previous experience.

Which none the less make them insecure anyway...

• i think they aren't into open relationships

• Controlling, insecure, and immature.

• Controlling ass people... #NoBueno

• She can have male friends but I bet she has fucked most of them lol.

would you be happy with that?

Not really, but there we go, there's not much I can about it. I'll just have to surf around on Tinder for a few women friends, I mean what's fit for the goose is fit for the gander right?

• I think they are immature and partly insane.

• i think these spouses are very insecure. insecurities should not dominate or control a relationship.

• It's ridiculous.

• If your spouse is that worried that you can do better, then perhaps they're right?

• That is a relationship I would veer away from

• Insecure as fuck

• Logical

• Scared that one may cheat

• Trust issues! Grow up!

• they dont need them. they really dont. lots of friends are for imature kids with no lief. married parents know that with children there is time for nothing else... .

What Girls Said 13

• I would guess that they are just insecure and have maybe had bad past relationships. I don't think it's really fair to bring that into a new relationship though. If your new partner hasn't given you any reasons to not trust them, then there shouldn't be any issues with them simply having friends of the opposite sex.

• I think that's creepy as fuck. If I ever told my boyfriend he wasn't allowed to have female friends, he'd just tell me to fuck off. I'd do the same if he tried to tell me what to do.

• INSECURE.

• i think its bad. They're jealous and selfish. I have loads of guy friends because I grew up with two brothers and I get on with guys. So people who don't let their spouse have friends of the opposite gender are weird and not people I wanna be around.

• Well, it depends. My partner has had the kind of `friends` that one would not want their partner to have, up to the point where it got so obvious that he put an end to the 'friendship'. He also has actual female friends I have nothing against.
    Then again, my best guy friend of 11 years has completely given up on his social life since he got a god awful girlfriend who controls every single thing he does. And no more best friend for me. So, I guess that objectivity is the key here - recognizing the situations for what they are, not for what insecurities are occupying our minds.

• I'd think they had trust issues

• they wanna stay on the safer side

• They're insecure and controlling.

• Insecurity and lacking trust

• I think it's really idiotic in my opinion. Just because I have a boyfriend it doesn't mean I can't hang out with other guys, and the same goes for my future boyfriend. He's allowed to have friends that are girls too. I don't see the problem with it.

• I have never heard of this.

• I honestly can't blame them considering that there are so many "friends" of the opposite sex who eventually end up f*cking and carelessly cheating on their significant other or encouraging their "friend" to cheat on their spouse for their own selfish desires.

• If y'all are married then he should not be friends with the opposite sex. If they grew up together it's another story, but if they just met or you don't know who the girl is then they should not be friends. It can cause problems for the relationship between you and your spouse. It also shows loyalty.

Oh look who'll get divorced the moment she shows her true face

that's stupid, if i get married my husband is still allowed to have female friends. this post is dumb af. how tf does that show loyalty? seems to me that people who think like you are insecure.