Lets say you're in a serious relationship?

And "the question" of marriage is approaching soon. Would you show your boyfriend what type of ring you want? Or let him pick it out himself?

For men, would you like a female to show you a ring she likes? Or you pick it out all yourself?

• Woman: Show him the type of ring
  • Woman: let him pick it out himself
  • Men: Have her show me the type of ring she wants
  • Men: Pick it out myself

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I do a mix.. like I'd show him what type of ring I want, if he doesn't care about it, but like vague and open ended. Like I'll get a bunch of pictures and be like "I like the bands on this this this and this (options are likely relatively well ranged) and I like the shape of this this this or this. That way at least ANYTHING he picks will have SOMETHING I like about it, but he still gets to make a decision for himself.

If he really wants to choose it himself, then he can go have fun and I'll be happy with whatever happens. Though for me personally I've also found that it's easier on the guy if you give them a sense of what you like.

What Guys Said 1

• Answer to the question: no, no marriage.

What Girls Said 6

• I'd rather he picked it out. I can live with whatever he chose. It's not about the looks of the ring it's the feelings/emotions connected with the act of giving the ring. The fact he chose it himself shows he put some effort into it as well.

• The guy I am with already know the type of rings I like and the type of chocker I want. He even knows the type of prosel I would like (he asked). When the time comes he wants to be prepared so I am okay with that.

• i voted B.. it doesn't matter he can pick it out

• I'd show him the style I like. But I wouldn't say "this one or not ring at all!!" ya know?

• I'll let him pick it out and hope he has good taste and knows what I'd like

• I think it would mean more if he picked it out himself.