Would you marry a person who doesn't want kids?

• Yes and I won't change their mind
    30% (12)39% (12)34% (24)Vote
  • No
    62% (25)58% (18)61% (43)Vote
  • Yes but I won't change their mind
    8% (3)3% (1)5% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
16|15

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes because I don't want kids either :P

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Only possible option "if" I were to every get married. Both parties must be set on their minds an heart that they absolutely never ever want any kids or there will be conflicts of interests. I'd get a Vasectomy way ahead of time "if" I ever change my mind on marrying or dating someone although it is unlikely happen at this point. Just can't take any chances and knock someone up as other methods of birth control may not be adequately enough.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• If I were 100% certain I didn't want them at any point - surely I would.
    I would never marry someone in hopes I could change their mind or change them in any way - that is just ridiculous.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd only marry someone who didn't want kids. Wanting them is a deal breaker

0|1
    0|0
  • The purpose of getting married is to eventually start a family. If we're not having kids, may as well just maintain a committed relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend without adding binding legalities to the equation.

1|0
    1|0
  • Yes I would.
    I can see myself married with or without kids.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, because I want kids. Neither of us would be happy in a relationship like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not everyone wants kids. So a person still has many options if they dont wamt themyet want to be married. It is NOT wise to marry someone you know wants them hoping they will change and likewisee. Its one of the few things you really MUST agree with to marry

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh hell naw

0|0
    0|0
  • no! its a deal breaker

0|0
    0|0
  • nope
    nor would I marry someone who is set on having kids.
    I want someone who is neutral
    If we have kids, he will be serious and take responsibility with me

And if we dont have kids, he won't complain

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

wow yababa, this is cute lol. you want someone who is undecided?

• 2mo

lol not undecided but someone who is ready for any situation since I don't believe in adoption

• No, what's the point? Like, if I loved him I'd stick around if I didn't want kids either. But what's the point of getting married then?

0|1
    1|0
  • No. I want kids in the future so he has to be in the same book as me!

0|0
    0|0
  • I want kids.

1|1
    0|0
  • doesn't matter to me either way

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 14

• Im pretty sure that I don't want kids so I would probably need to date someone who doesn't want them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm probably not getting married, but I am looking for an everlasting relationship, and I would be perfectly fine with not having kids in that situation.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I don't really like kids, so it probably wouldn't bother me

1|2
    0|0
  • I"m 38 and have none. If she has 1 already, great, don't have to make more.
    If she has none, I'm totally ok with no kids.

0|1
    0|0
  • No because quite simply I want kids at some point in the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like kids and I want my own biological kids.. So my first condition to marry any one is that we should have kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are a and c pretty much the same? Anywho, id still love that person if thwy didn't want children but id like to have a full on discussion cause id wanna know why exactly they dont want one, or if adoption was an opinion in mind

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

i meant to make them different like yes and i will change their mind and yes and i won't change their mind. it's a typo.

• 2mo

Naw all good i figured as much, but i stiil wanted to ask, thank your for the answer 🙂

• Honestly, I have desired to have a family of my own someday, a wife and kids, but no one is ever interested in me to even become a girlfriend, so i could care less now about having kids if i meet someone who is my ideal besides not wanting kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • No

Because I do not want children and I do not want marriage either.

0|0
    0|0
  • How do you even know you want kids if you haven't met the right person to have kids with?

0|0
    0|0
  • HA! No.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I want kids. I want to be a father one day.

0|0
    0|0
  • absolutely

0|0
    0|0