Is it weird to plan for a wedding before you even get engaged?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and 7 months. We are very much in love , For the past few months we have been seriously talking about getting married. 3 weeks ago we were hanging out on our day off as usual , and he told me that he wants to propose soon and how I would feel about it. I got excited inside and calmly told him id be very happy. He asked me what time next year would I want it to be engaged and I said January ( which is coming up) he said okay, and told me how excited he is. He even let his close friends know what he's planning to do, which is huge.

Ever since then I have been slowly planning my wedding. We plan not to marry until a year of being engaged, but even so, time goes by fast and I can't stop planning how I want it and signing up for wedding stuff online, and of course using pinterest like crazy.

Is it weird that I'm already planning stuff and he hasn't even proposed yet?

Most Helpful Guy

• why january?

and no, girls often prepare far in advance (when they're little kids) for their marriages. some girls, marriage is all they ever dream of

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah for me personally it would ruin the excitement, I really don't know when he will propose. For some reason you might not end up engaged or even married so it's a little weird that your planning a wedding.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Well I just think you should wait till it happens because you'd just be jinxing it really.

• its not weird