Is it wrong of me to be angry over my sister in law?

Long story short.. my 15 yr old sister in law is not nice- to anyone actually. Just a beach.

Yesterday we were at their place and my husband told her to take the cat away since im allergic. Her response was "she wasn't allergic before the marriage (we are newly wed)".
and I was lol.. just kept quiet.
hubby ignored her, so did I.

but as we were saying our goodbyes for the night, husband hugged and high fived her.. instead of being a little angry at her for insulting me, you know? Id kill my brother if he treated my husband like that.. :/ am I asking for too much?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes you do have a right to be upset. my family? for that remark my father would have grabbed my hair and pulled on it hard. the little sister should get a good smack in the back of the head. the husband? well there arexways you can get even with him. just use your imagination in the bedroom

Same with my fam! I'd be smacked so bad for that. She is VERY rude to me even though I am very nice to her (i take her out, buy her things, never a b----- back, etc)...
      i just wish he'd defend me. We've talked about it before and he said she's just a stupid teen..

Most Helpful Girl

• no need to overthink

What Guys Said 2

• Well, you are the adult here aren't you?, she is in her teens, so you can expect some stupid answers. And you where in their house, so maybe she felt her space being attacked in some way.
    Just, let it past, and don't transform something that can be really easy to forget on something that will make your future relationship with her a hell in earth.

Oh I have! she's slept over a lot with me too..
      she's just a rebellious teen who loves drama.. she just wants something to do and gossip about you know? I have never been mean to her thats whats so funny here lol

You know, teens doesn't need a reason, most girls at her age are just mad at the world cause they still can't control their change of moods. And you are the one "stealing part of her family" so maybe without even thinking it she is mad about it. Have a lot patience, that is the best course of action in a situation like that.

• Family... we all go through it

What Girls Said 0