Girls proposing to guys, is it weird?

I recently saw this Secret commercial of a hetero couple sittig at a restaurant. Dessert comes and the woman looks flustered then she gets down on one knee and proposes. I was pretty surprised by that actually and not because a woman proposing is weird to me but definitely unconventional. Secret doesn't strike me as a company that would show a commercial that is unconventional.

But it made me wonder what men think about this. There are engagement rings for men out there but it's not well known. Of course now with gay marriage being allowed in several states the man-gagement rings are on the rise. But, I wonder what hetero-males think of this. Would you be weirded out if your girlfriend proposed to you or would you be thankful she took the leap instead of waiting on you to take the traditional stance and propose?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather do the proposing, not to be traditional or whatever, but because my girlfriend is highly known for doing things on impulse

I want to be sure I'm ready. If I reject the proposal, there's a high chance we'd breakup

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea kinda weird... i think men should propose since a man has to truly love a woman in order for him to propose to her... and males dont like marriage so if a guy loves you enough to propose than thats nice...

What Guys Said 2

• No. i think it is beautiful. In this enlightened age, why not? After all just because it is unconventional doesn't mean its wrong.

• It's not weird. I think the best way to propose is when you know what the answer will be and if that is the case, of you both know what the answer will be, why would it matter who proposes?

What Girls Said 1

• very weird and emasculating