Would you marry girl /guy of another religion?

Inspired by @ElissaDido

• yes
  • no
2mo 1. If you're saying conversion then you should be polling No
2. My answer would be , yes. I don't find religion any problem as long as it is not imposed on someone or violates human principles. I am open minded person and there's a little bits of each group in me. I am not confined to one god or religion, i just believe there's only one superpower greater than religion or anything else.
2mo Are percentages correct? Damn its half ½

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not totally against it but I am not completely open to it either.
    -I'm not a religious person and getting along with person of same religion as me but who's way more religious will be difficult.
    -I would think twice before getting into relationship with someone of totally different religion (read: Abrahmic religions). Still it'd depend on how rigid that person is on their views. If that person respects my views (and doesn't try to convert me, which, I hate to say this, decent number of people of Abrahmic faiths do *let downvotes pour now*)

Will your family support you?

That's another issue. They'd be fine with any other non-Abrahmic faith. But someone of Abrahmic religion? Probably they wouldn't like it at all. But they may support me if they think that guy is also mature enough to handle differences in faiths.

Most Helpful Guy

• My considerations about if to marry this girl or not, wouldn't be on religion, I don't care what religion she is, but if she will try everytime to tell me that I'm wrong just because I believe in something else then I wouldn't marry her because she would make a lot of head pain to me.
    Believe in the rock, and don't hit with the rock.

What Girls Said 38

• hi and mmmm, im assuming your addition above number 2 is your take and that interests me somewhat, if you have this belief and would stand strongly in it do you really see that you could be with a partner who had equal belief in a religion? even if they didn't try to convert you? personally the expression of a greater energy that flows through everything and that can be positive or negative for its purpose and can be utilised by free will is more my kind of thing, i too have the sense that if a person feels the desire and connection of following a specific religion that is their choice it only becomes an issue for me when their belief drives them to enlighten, damn or change others and their behaviour. personally i couldnt really imagine a partner who has religious beliefs if they are strong being a compatible partner for me or perhaps you, it would seem more likely to me that our perceptions would allow us to think this more of a possibility, look forward to your response xx

It is very interesting opinion. I think religion is contributes very less when checking compatibility between partners. Thanks for sharing this.
      Another thing, why do you do xx at end? I know @Paris13 does just like that. Are you sisters? lol😂

mmm oh no no no, i personally have trouble with your sentence religion contributes very less when checking compatibility? surely it is a major part of ones soul and empathy towards others? and as for xx i will do this when i feel it in me, something that has come from me with emotion fyi as a rule i dont use it as a random gesture during texting for instance only sometimes with close friends, i suppose it is sent wrapped in an energy of love and positivity xx

*blushing😊😊 xx
      I feel like religions contributes very less to actual personality, i just feel like it😜

• Yes, I did, @lazermazer.
    Back in 2011, I had Married a Muslim Man who had Found me on Facebook. He was from Egypt. I ended up Going out there to be with Him and his Family, going Back when I had returned, where it was Then we had Tied the Knot.
    I think I recall @ElissaDido had asked this Same one, hun. Not sure if She ever Replied to me though.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I'm now atheist, but was raised Catholic. I would only consider marrying someone else who is also atheist because I've had more than enough religious shit rammed down my throat to last a lifetime, thankyou very much.

• Yes, as long as they don't try to convert me to their religion or shove their religious beliefs down my throats.

• yes I would..

• No I wouldn't. Partly because of whole "ramming down my throat" but I've seen the conflict between my brother and his wife - from the wedding wishes and now to their children.

His wife won everytime but it seems unfair.

• Atheism is not a religion, but I feel like my husband and I could apply here. He was atheist and I was a non denominational Christian when we got married.

• Why inspired by me haha 😛?
    Mmm that's highly unlikely I think...

Lol, you had similar question open rn. Hey, but if there are XP points for being creative then i won't say no to them,😜

Haha😁😁😁

• There's no way I'd do it.

• not sure

• Yes as long as he is not an atheist

• Strongly no. I'd only marry a Protestant Christian.

• As longs as they won't try to convert me. I ain't changing my dressing style either. If he really loves me, he'd know and respect that. I ain't changing him either

• Yep, as long as he respects mine.

• As long as they respect my beliefs, yes.

• It depends on the religion.

• Yes, I don't see why not! As long as we both accept each other the way we are. I think religion is a personal thing, we can practice it on our own without shoving it down other people's throats.

• most interfaith marriages end in disaster, so no

Really, i don't think so

No they don't
      I have a lot of cousins married this way and they live a happy marriage

@springocelot Over all interfaith marriages have higher divorce rates, but interestingly enough if you happen to be a Christian and you marry someone who is Mormon or Jewish that actually statistically lowers the chance of you getting divorced. On the other hand tho it highly raises the chance of your divorce for your partner compared to if they were to marry within their own faith.

• Yeah.
    My current boyfriend isn't Jewish. Doesn't really bother me.

• i have. he is muslim i am christian.

• Most definitely not. I'm not a believer.

• No. Too many potpitent proroble and if he's a muslim my sanity as well as my life might be in danger

• I don't know its a rough one. depends on how they are about their religion. I don't like the announce my religion or try to convert others, so I would expect them to not try to convert me.

• As long as they don't try and force their beliefs on me.

• I'm an atheist. I wouldn't date/marry someone too religious

• I'm doubtful I would.

• Probably not. No

• Marry? No. Date? Yes.

Then what's the point of dating?

@Triss Sex? Experiencing things? Being with people you like? love?

Lol. Well im not trying to get married right now so its to basically just find out what i want in a person

• Yes I would
    Ofc we would stay both faithful to our religion

• Depends on the religion and how observant the guy is.

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 35

• yes, but not too different. If she is different she has to have great character and open to what I think.

• I'm not a believer and so long as they're barely religious themselves, I can tolerate someone who was forced... I mean... raised in another faith.

• Depends on the girl and her view on religion. If she is open towards other religions and her parents are as well (or she stands her ground over her parents) - then I don't see an issue with it.

If it's strictly religious including the demand for me to convert - BIG NO

• Eh... I possibly could, but I'd still VERY strongly prefer someone who has the same beliefs and values as I do.

• Depends on how open minded she is, preferably a Christian girl. If she's a close minded atheist then it'll be pointless

• Absolutely not. Religion affects one's entire daily life routine and how one conducts their life.

Absolute mismatch.

• Depends. I've dated girls of my own religion (Catholicism) and hated it, and I've dated girls of other denominations (southern baptist, aka insane) and hated it too. I guess my only choice would to be date a irl without a religion but of course she would think I'm an idiot.

• I would as long as she's not insane religious. Of course there's the whole who comes first, God or your partner thing, but that's for another discussion and another day. I would prefer someone non religious like myself, but I would be fine with a moderately religious person if I love her otherwise

• No. I am atheist/agnostic (not even sure which best suits me) and could not live with a very religious person.

• It would only work if she understands I would never consider converting. Also, if she wanted kids from me, those kids being raised secular until they are old enough to make the desicion if they want to believe or not. I was raised in a strict catholic home and now hate catholism. My mom tries to put catholic things in my room and car just for me to go to her in person and destroy it in front of her face while i say the stuff is garbage and bullshit.

That's too harsh

I'll calm down with it when my mom says " I know you're not a Catholic and never will be one" her pride gets in the way saying I'll go back one day but I promised her I will ever set foot into a Catholic Church.

• Nah I need the girl to be equally yoked as me. Serving the same God and heading towards our divine purpose.

• It would be not an issue for me unless it was for her.

• Yes. Religion doesn't play a role for me whether I like a girl or not. If she's fun enough, why not? :)

• I'm agnostic so, I am decently open minded. As long as the person isn't a crazy religious person then that is ok with me.

• Yup, don't have an issue with it. I honestly believe it can be easily looked over.

• I could as long as they didn't try to force their religion on our kids.

• Date, sure. Marry? Only if we'd decide together to have no kids: their education would raise too many issues between us.

What? You will not have kids just because you don't want them to educate?

@lazermazer
      1. Differences concerning education of children can lead to years of problems in a couple.
      2. Honestly, becoming a dad now? Possible of course but it's way too late for me to take the responsibility for children.

• Yeahh I think I would. I'll break down these religion barriers fo dat azzz lolz

• I would never date anyone who's an Islamist

I'm somewhat willing to compromise on Christianity as long as they aren't devout, and they aren't into the whole "sex after marriage" thing.

Irreligiousness is preferable. The closer to atheism/agnosticism/irreligious someone is, the better.

• Mehh.. I don't care let her be atheist/christian/jewish/muslim what matters is my feelings to her.

• I'm open minded , so as long as it doesn't get between us it's fine.

• About 90% of the time no and if I ever did the religion in question would have to be very, very similar to Christianity.

• No I could try and work on her but if she didn't change then No

• yes I would but i have to make sure she understands it correctly

• sure I would as long as she is not super religious (I'm atheist). So as long as it has no big influence on our daily life... no problem

• But not Jewish. Jewish women are too bossy. They're pissed about something all the time. And definitely not a Jehovah's Witness. They don't do military
    serviceve and my user name would tell you that I can't go there.

• Yes makes no difference, It's all the same

• nope

• no man where i live that could cause lots of shit plus iam used to my own people

• @ElissaDido How many hearts must you break </3 lol <3

• More from Guys
    5