Would you ever get married to a person who has a mental illness?

• Yes
    26% (9)27% (7)26% (16)Vote
  • Maybe
    40% (14)50% (13)44% (27)Vote
  • No
    31% (11)15% (4)25% (15)Vote
  • Never
    3% (1)8% (2)5% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1
13|7

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide range of mental illness. Pychosis of any type? No.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. I'm mentally ill myself and I would need to make sure that my partner's illness wouldn't worsen my own. I have to look after my own health afterall.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• That depends on what kind of mental illness we are talking about, there is a huge range. If its something very minor I'd have no problem with it. However, if it's serious I'd be cautious because that could put a lot of stress on the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, i got mental health illnesses too so i know the feeling. It wouldn't matter to me i would love her.

0|0
    0|0
  • That depends on what specific mental illness she has...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I would

0|0
    0|0
  • Already did. There is some kinds of mental illness just letting you know

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 12

• as someone who does have them:

is the person actively seeking treatment? then yes.
    is he an asshole who refuses help and just blames the mental illness? no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh, God... no.
    Can't say I even feel bad about saying this. Yes, might sound a bit harsh, but honestly, life is hard enough as it is.

0|1
    1|0
  • Strangely, I think yes, only becuase I believe I may have the ability to understand and help them out.. I just hope it's a mental disability where they are likely to kill me when they snap. Other than that, I think I can handle it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I would because I have a mental illness myself and it'd be nice to be understood. Of course only if they're getting treatment and is emotionally stable. Otherwise I don't think I can deal with somebody with such strong emotions and may drag me down as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe yea

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly... it's kinda scary to me in a way I'm scared it can easily fuck up the relationship/

0|0
    0|0
  • That depends on the mental illness.
    Then again if it went the other way many of us would also be out of luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have one so it would really depend on the illness and if they're getting treated for it. I'm getting treated for mine so I would expect them to be doing the same. But, yes, I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't think so.

0|0
    1|0
  • no

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I'm not one to talk

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the illness and the severity of it.

0|0
    0|0