Would you ever get married to a person who has a mental illness?

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No
  • Never

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide range of mental illness. Pychosis of any type? No.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. I'm mentally ill myself and I would need to make sure that my partner's illness wouldn't worsen my own. I have to look after my own health afterall.

What Guys Said 6

• That depends on what kind of mental illness we are talking about, there is a huge range. If its something very minor I'd have no problem with it. However, if it's serious I'd be cautious because that could put a lot of stress on the relationship.

• Yes, i got mental health illnesses too so i know the feeling. It wouldn't matter to me i would love her.

• That depends on what specific mental illness she has...

• Yeah, I would

• Already did. There is some kinds of mental illness just letting you know

• Probably not.

What Girls Said 12

• as someone who does have them:

is the person actively seeking treatment? then yes.
    is he an asshole who refuses help and just blames the mental illness? no.

• Oh, God... no.
    Can't say I even feel bad about saying this. Yes, might sound a bit harsh, but honestly, life is hard enough as it is.

• Strangely, I think yes, only becuase I believe I may have the ability to understand and help them out.. I just hope it's a mental disability where they are likely to kill me when they snap. Other than that, I think I can handle it.

• I think I would because I have a mental illness myself and it'd be nice to be understood. Of course only if they're getting treatment and is emotionally stable. Otherwise I don't think I can deal with somebody with such strong emotions and may drag me down as well.

• maybe yea

• Honestly... it's kinda scary to me in a way I'm scared it can easily fuck up the relationship/

• That depends on the mental illness.
    Then again if it went the other way many of us would also be out of luck.

• I have one so it would really depend on the illness and if they're getting treated for it. I'm getting treated for mine so I would expect them to be doing the same. But, yes, I would.

• No, I don't think so.

• no

...

• Yeah, I'm not one to talk

• Depends on the illness and the severity of it.