Suppose you're gonna marry someone of the same sex. Who shall change their last name?

Explain in the comments why bc i wanna know
You may indicate your sexuality

Im straight but i think if i would marry someone of the same sex, i wanna keep my own last name because i just like my own name 😊😂

• I wanna change my last name
  • My partner shall change his/her last name
  • We should keep our own last name

Most Helpful Guy

• The person who gets on their knew knee and proposes is the one whose last name is taken.

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on what their name is.

-if their name is easier to spell/pronounce than my own, i will take theirs;
    -if i actually liked my name, i would most likely hyphenate and use both.

any time i've written same-sex characters in a novel, they've both kept their own names. not sure why that is, but oh well.

What Guys Said 15

• entirely up to the couple to make the decision for themselves. in my experience my homosexual friends who got married simply didn't change their names

• You don't have to change your last name though.

• Lol no either of those are never going to happen.

• Since I don't give a shit what my last name is I guess I'll change mine to avoid the argument.

• you could both change your name to something new.

• I'm not marrying anyway, but C, as would also be the case when marrying someone of the opposite sex. No need to change your name, that is dumb.

• I have the most boring, standard last name so I'll take hers.

• I think in that situation who ever is asked should change it

• who ever it's less hastal for as i think changing your name would be a big pain

• The other guy will. I wear the pants in all of my relationships.

• The other dude.

• I think if i were gay i'd hyphenate our names

• if i was in that situation, id have us both keep our own names

• I don't like that type of marriage...

• I am not gay so let them decide for themselves.

What Girls Said 14

• I won't change my last name even by marrying a man. We keep our last names in my country. But the kids take the dad's last name.

• Hyphenate

• I'd probably just hyphenate it.

• I'm marrying a man and neither of us will change our name. I don't imagine that'd be any different if I married a woman.

• My friend and her wife chose the name that they liked best. You can choose a new last name if you want, combine two last names, or not change your name at all.

• It's usually just hyphenated like Adams-Foster

• I don't really like my last name, so if they have a nice last name I'd agree to take theirs. If not then I'll keep my own.

• Whoever wants to.

• I will probably not even change it for a guy so why should I for a woman? Mixed names are also a thing.

• we should keep our last names

• i wouldn't do that lol but i will be changing my name after i get married to a man.

• It wouldn't be happening anyway cause me marrying another girl doesn't even cross my mind.

• I can't suppose. That is too gross

• I don't care about keeping my last name. So if I loved the other person, I would be more than happy to take their last name if they wanted to.