Suppose you're gonna marry someone of the same sex. Who shall change their last name?

Explain in the comments why bc i wanna know
You may indicate your sexuality

Im straight but i think if i would marry someone of the same sex, i wanna keep my own last name because i just like my own name 😊😂

Suppose you're gonna marry someone of the same sex. Who shall change their last name?

• I wanna change my last name
    26% (8)11% (3)19% (11)Vote
  • My partner shall change his/her last name
    10% (3)30% (8)19% (11)Vote
  • We should keep our own last name
    64% (20)59% (16)62% (36)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
15|16

Most Helpful Guy

• The person who gets on their knew knee and proposes is the one whose last name is taken.

1|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on what their name is.

-if their name is easier to spell/pronounce than my own, i will take theirs;
    -if i actually liked my name, i would most likely hyphenate and use both.

any time i've written same-sex characters in a novel, they've both kept their own names. not sure why that is, but oh well.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• entirely up to the couple to make the decision for themselves. in my experience my homosexual friends who got married simply didn't change their names

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to change your last name though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol no either of those are never going to happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since I don't give a shit what my last name is I guess I'll change mine to avoid the argument.

0|0
    0|0
  • you could both change your name to something new.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not marrying anyway, but C, as would also be the case when marrying someone of the opposite sex. No need to change your name, that is dumb.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the most boring, standard last name so I'll take hers.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think in that situation who ever is asked should change it

0|0
    0|0
  • who ever it's less hastal for as i think changing your name would be a big pain

0|0
    0|0
  • The other guy will. I wear the pants in all of my relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • The other dude.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if i were gay i'd hyphenate our names

0|0
    0|0
  • if i was in that situation, id have us both keep our own names

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like that type of marriage...

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not gay so let them decide for themselves.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• I won't change my last name even by marrying a man. We keep our last names in my country. But the kids take the dad's last name.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hyphenate

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd probably just hyphenate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm marrying a man and neither of us will change our name. I don't imagine that'd be any different if I married a woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • My friend and her wife chose the name that they liked best. You can choose a new last name if you want, combine two last names, or not change your name at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually just hyphenated like Adams-Foster

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really like my last name, so if they have a nice last name I'd agree to take theirs. If not then I'll keep my own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever wants to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will probably not even change it for a guy so why should I for a woman? Mixed names are also a thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • we should keep our last names

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't do that lol but i will be changing my name after i get married to a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't be happening anyway cause me marrying another girl doesn't even cross my mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't suppose. That is too gross

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about keeping my last name. So if I loved the other person, I would be more than happy to take their last name if they wanted to.

0|0
    0|0