Do you have to pay to get married?

i know this is a stupid question but oh well.
nobody really told me.

1mo sorry, i meant for a marriage license. i know marriage ceremonies cost a lot.
1mo and no i'm not getting married. just a question.
and no there isn't anyone in mind.
i'm 13.
i'm "too young" to be thinking about this anyway -_-

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought of this in a really minimalistic way once, like only having the witnesses with us, nobody else. And having things done after like 15 minutes. No celebration or anything else. Like picking your driver's license.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Can cost as little as $40 for the license and as expensive as... well... it can be expensive af. Average is like 25,000 I think. In the US, anyway.

What Guys Said 7

• Yeah. For the license, the preacher if you have one, and whatever other expenses there are like the reception.

• I am not sure.

• yeah it costs all your freedom years you have left

• There could be some expenses that you will have to incur like stitching your wedding dress , arranging for a hall , music band , foo and drinks, religious function , some transport facilities , and wedding rings. Your parents are supposed to take care of all such expenses. Don't worry. Your parents will put every thing right..

• It should pay to fiancee in my custom but it is not necessary
    Most of people do.
    I will not do that and I am lazy to hold wedding.
    So dont need to pay.

• In a way, yes. But in a way, you get paid too. Talk to your parents. They should tell you.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Yes you have to pay for all the reception and ceremony, but I think you have to pay for a marriage license