Girls how would you feel about receiving a man made diamond. in jewelery as a present.

Chemically speaking it is a true carbon diamond only it has been grown in a lab and not the earth. and the cost to buy is much cheaper.

How would you feel if you found out your engagement ring or other jewelery was found to be man made.

would you think him cheap, would you feel cheated. thoughts please :)

to add to this. would anyone take a ring into a jeweler to get it priced. and if cost less than you thought it would. or turning out to be man made. ( the cost and nature of the ring never being mentioned before) what would be your reaction.

is the gesture more important than the ring it self

Most Helpful Guy

• first off if any woman ever questions whether its real or not well then they are not worth it. If I found out my girl took the ring I got her to get appraised I'd tell her to hit the road. If it's not about the price then why would a real woman even care? It's a symbol. A man should be able to give a woman a piece of string and ask her to wear it around her finger.

Honestly, how do people define love today? How do they define commitment?

Would you rather be the woman in a group of women who had a big flashy diamond and her husband was a douche? or would you rather be the woman in a group of women who had a man that truly loved her. What has society come to?

Give me the biggest SUV!

Give me the Louis Vuitton hand bag!

I want to live in a cheaply made yet very pricey McMansion!

I NEED TO BE ON THE COVER OF PEOPLE MAGAZINE!

Studies have shown that most of these people are not really rich and if they lost their jobs they would not be able to support their current lifestyle longer than 3 months.

I say go with the piece of string! If she isn't willing to wear that for the time it takes you to save for "so-called" ring then send her packing!

What Girls Said 8

• Personally, I wouldn't care whether it's natural or artificial. It's still a diamond. It's still real. Actually, I wouldn't much even care if it wasn't a diamond. It's the guy that matters, not the rock on my finger. And I would never take it to get it appraised, because seriously, what kind of a way is that to treat your man? If he wants to spend the rest of his life with me, and I'm busy worried about how much he spent on the ring, then he deserves better.

The one thing that I would really care about in a diamond, however, is that it be conflict-free.

• I think it depends on how I found out. As long as you didn't lie and say it was real, I don't think I'd be angry at all.

In fact it would probably just interest me lol, because that's pretty unique to me, I've never heard of that.

But either way, the worth of a ring shouldn't be very important in a relationship. :]

• I wouldn't want my husband to be to spend much of anything on a ring (unless we were somehow rich and the money just didn't matter). If he felt like he needed to spend a lot for some reason, I'd much rather that go to a trip or something. So yeah, I'd be fine with the carbon diamond. I'd just as soon not support DeBeers anyway.

• I'd rather have a natural diamond over an artificial one. But, then again, I think its the gesture that's more important. The price of the diamond - whether it be real or man-made - wouldn't matter because its still a diamond. I wouldn't make a big deal out of this at all actually - afte rall, its all about how much you care for your "loved one" you knw?

• I'd prefer a natural one, but that's just me, I wouldn't really have huge issues if it were man-made. In the end it's the relationship that counts, not the ring :)

• Wow, I didn't even know that was possible!

I think what makes a diamond special is its rarity. If it's artificial, you might as well get something real that's not a diamond.

If I did get a diamond, though, I'd want it to be fair-trade.

• If he was poor and couldn't afford otherwise, then I would be understanding about a man-made ring. But don't try to pass it off like it's real because that's just wrong. Preferably I like princess cut conflict free diamonds though

I don't think I would get it priced, what's the point? You're not going to sell it. the man you love got you an engagement ring, I would wear it and be proud and probably gush all the time lol

• id be pissed, especially if you lied and said it was real

What Guys Said 1

• Everyone wants to have nice things. However, going to a jeweler to see if the diamond is from the earth and worth more is superficial, especially since some diamond mines are still pretty corrupt in their way go getting them. Isn't about how much the man loves you? Isn't about how this man will treat you when you two are married? Isn't about how he will still think you're the most beautiful woman in the world when your looks fade? Diamonds are forever, but true love last longer than that. Love should NEVER be measured by the price of an item that can be easily misplaced. If a man is able to get an expensive ring for his fiance, that's great. BUT isn't the REAL value in the love that ring symbolizes?