Do you want an engagement party? What would you want to wear?

If you're already married, did you have an engagement party? What did you do?

I personally want one because all the girls have one in my country and they even wear fancy dresses and do it in fancy places!
Do you want an engagement party? What would you want to wear?What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• i went to one recently. ehh i don't really think i need to throw a party to celebrate my engagement. I'd just have a kickback.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love the dress

ANd yeah I do want something like that but we do henna ceremony, wedding, and walima

What Guys Said 23

• I am divorced now. When I got engaged, I discussed the matter with my girlfriend's son, asked for his blessing, and then planned an engagement party for shortly after I proposed. I took her to the beach, we took a walk, I got down on one knee and proposed, and she accepted. On the way back to her home, I suggested that we stop by her son's house to give him the news. When we got there, about 50 people had gathered to celebrate with us.

• It's not a must... I would think about something semi-formal, like a costume jacket combined with a jeans?
    For my wedding obviously a costume or smoking.

• If we do it Wil be small family and friends and nothing big were you have to dress up. Kinda like a BBQ.

• Um uh... sure lol hah seriously I don't care we can have one ^^... aw nuts I'm gonna end up paying for this aren't I?

Hahah no i think my family has to pay for this one haha

Yeah I think it depends some parties are paid by the bride's family but there aren't strict rules Hahahah sometimes they don't even have wedding parties and just get married in the Mayor thingy (don't know how to say it in English)

@Omar5881 pfft lol.

@ElissaDido hah yeah there's not any set rules or nothing just tradition. But your right the brides family pays for the wedding and the grooms family helps out a little bit.

Lol yeah I forgot the word for it to.

• Yeah I'd prob throw an engagement party. It would be extremely fancy and formal. Suits and ties. Servers with shrimp and cocktail sauce going around.

• What exactly is an engagement party? Is that like a bachelor party?

No. Lol it's more like an "Congrats!! Y'all are official engaged" kind of party

• Never heard of such a thing. But if it is the custom in your country, enjoy.

Are you engaged now? :(

• I love parties
    And yep we have them in our culture
    What I actually want is to marry the same girl in different traditions and places

• I would wear nothing because engagement parties are dumb and I wouldn't go.

• My bachelor party consisted of sailing to the Channel Islands.

• I want to secretly get engaged and married
    And disappear for a year on some carribean island where we live in a beach bungalow and swim, eat good food, tan, make love, and repeat lol

• No... I'm a guy. :-P

• I was invited to one of my old friends engagement party but I was depressed at the time but didn't go big it was the first time I had ever heard of it

• If i am having an engagement party , I wanna make it on the beach or something something simple

• I would only go for it for the sake of the woman's wishes

• I'll wear what you're wearing

• that why we have many girls in tn with no hope of getting married 😂😂😂😂

• Maybe a little party

• You should have one!

• Total waste of money.

• I don't really care, but i can do anything as long as she wants.

• I'm all for it. Parties are fun

• What a beautiful dress in your description.

I guess so, I guess with lots of dancing girls etc. And they present the bride to be.

What Girls Said 25

• Yes! But nothing crazy. Just a nice dinner or maybe a tea & cake date somewhere beautiful. I don't have many female friends so maybe we can even do a spa day. That will be cool. As for what I'll wear, nothing over the top. Probably just something casual. PS I love getting massages so that's why the spa idea seems nice to me ^^

• Basically it boils down to two things: if you can afford to have one, and then you really want one, I say enjoy yourself. I've been to some pretty amazing ones, the last one so grand I thought it could have practically been the wedding. I thought they were a tad overboard, but again it was there thing, and it made them happy, and I know I had a good time.

• I didn't have one. They're for the obnoxious and the rich where I come from. What's the point? Why not save that money for the wedding?

• Nope. There are enough parties associated with a wedding between the rehearsal dinner, reception, and possible baby showers up the road. I want my engagement "party" to be my fiancΓ© and I having a nice weekend getaway to celebrate how excited the rest of our life is going to be!

• would be great

I would wear this...
    www.brides.com/.../...es-lace-jonathan-simkhai.jpg

• Ohh I want a big wedding and my outfit would be on point!!

I'd wear something like these:

http://i.imgur.com/NEkIJZ9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TtzBjlg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sIy49Fq.jpg

• though it sounds awesome, i probably won't have one~ neither of us are into the whole people thing anyway, so we might just have a backyard bbq with a handful of close friends.

• If I ever get married, then yes I would want one. I want a pastel theme, so the dress I'll be wearing will be in a pastel color, like lilac or mint.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...0c7261d144.jpg
    My engagement party dress will be vintage, and the following day I hope to wear something more modern. Oh well, who knows it may or may not happen.

• Ehh, I don't think so. The wedding is already enough money, no need to spend more on another party.

• My boyfriend wouldn't go for an engagement party. I'd be super happy for a bridal shower with all my bestests.

• No. I'm opposed to needing to celebrate every little thing with a big, expensive party. Especially since a wedding will be right around the corner.

• I didn't have one, all of our friends and family met for a nice dinner out to celebrate but everyone paid for themselves. Engagement parties are a social norm in Australia but I kind of just see it as a grab for more presents

• Would not want like a fancy or big engagement part more like a causal get together with close friends and family to share the news like if it was in fall I'd go for a little bonfire or in have a small cookout if it in spring or summer

• Yes, an engagement party sounds nice.
    My favorite color is hot pink, so I would like a pink dress... lol πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚
    www.google.com/search
    I am would were my native countries traditional dress. 😊
    They are beautiful. 😍
    I would also like to have the party in a fancy place. 😊

• No, I don't. I'd want a Bachelorette party tho. But no bridal shower. Showers annoy me and are too girly for my liking.

• I don't care about doing the whole engagment/wedding thing.

• hell yea!
    the more the celebrations the merrier haha
    and what I ll wear... I have no idea lol

• Definitely!

• ... Only if I'm allowed to not attend my own party if the mood strikes me.

• Noooooooooooooooooope

• I think Ill skip the engagement party and just have one hell of a bachelorette party!

• Sounds fun, why not celebrate my engagement 💍

• I don't know maybe.

• Yes and wear something you are comfortable in