How does marriage benefit men?

And no reasons like "you have somebody, who loves you", "you have somebody, who cooks you meal every time you come home from work and did your previous laundry for you", "you have someone you can trust" - because these reasons apply to ordinary and regular relationships with girlfriends too. A girlfriend can make those benefits too and no marriage contract would ensure it!

I am talking about the system!

How does marriage benefit men? Why should men marry?

Most Helpful Girl

• In no way whatsoever. It benefits women , nit men. Marriage is bullshit for both genders but it's literally worthless for men. Women can get something out of it just because they're women. Thank you feminism :) <3 . I don't support marriage in any way and i think it's stupid.

Rather u like it or not I want to be married

@soulbabe You can go ahead and get married love i'm not the one to decide. I still disagree with marriage though.

Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't.

What Girls Said 10

• How does marriage benefit men?
    It doesn't in my opinion. I also find marriage doesn't benefit gals either as it seems the only 'good' thing for gals when it comes to marriage is ending it.

• i'm not so sure marriage benefits anyone, if you're not willing to work at it. i think marriage has mostly been corrupted by law and the government. so, if you're not willing to give it a real shot (men/women) then you shouldn't do it.

• That depends on where in the world you live. There is limited benefits but there's some. In some countries there's more benefits though

• At this point, marriage has limited benefits for both sides. Unless both want kids, it seems impractical in many ways because of the obtuse laws surrounding it.

• Because when you're married you've confirmed that you want to spend the rest of your life with that person, you're more committed.
    If you don't want to marry then don't.

• With your question, it could be switched around to "why should women marry" as well because there aren't many benefits for them either

Women don't seem to think so.
      I mean do you want to?
      You'll see, that nearly every woman ultimately shows, that she NEEDS to get married.

It is what 2 people make it.
      If at least one of both does not co operate, it's futile. If both do not co operate, then it's not a relationship.

But it's OK if you don't look for love atm. Each to their own I say.

Yup ♥️

• How does it benefit women? I don't remember getting a tax deduction after my wedding

As a married woman you can file for a divorce and request alimony at your will. The court favors those with the XX chromosomes automatically and brands the XY chromosomes immediately as the evildoer.

It's not for everyone 😊 Nothing wrong with that. I want our kids to have the same last name and it's the easiest way to give each other next of kin for medical issues but really it's just a piece of paper for all of the other stuff. Meaningless if there is no substance behind it

I see.

• How does it benefit a women!!

Goes both ways dude. Your not the superior gender come down off that pedestal.

I'm glad for you and your career. I just can't figure out why women urgently want to get married or die trying for it... if it's not for the money and commitment (meaning you can be fully committed and happy without marriage).

I don't either personally. A piece of paper ain't going to mean much if you marry a dog guy, a dogs a dog married or not. Shouldn't need a ring to keep your man.

But it's also nice to know, feel, see, that your man wants to be with you an only you for the rest of his life, and is proud to be your husband, and show it of to the entire world. That you are his one true girly for Eva.

Its just st a big deal to be asked. I think I'd die of shock should a dude want that with me. And only for that reason alone.

But I'm not like most chicks.

• It doesn't actually benefit the wife either but I still want to

And most girls want to marry do you see a reason not to

How so

Read your own replies please and see for yourself.

• Statistics say married men live longer.

Statistics say, that men commit much more suicide than women and it's often about marriages and divorces.

What Guys Said 8

• the benefits for a man have been eroded to zero by politics. it is a compete negative now. See below:

1950 - if your wife left you no one would ever have her again and she would have to move in with her parents, she was considered unpure and was shunned. literally would probably be single and lonely for life. there was also no such things as "raping" your wife. You were legally immune from this hastle until about 1970.

2016 - If your wife leaves you she takes 3/4 of your shit, gets alimony, keeps you from your kid and starts banging some old dude the next day. takes you back to court for more child support every 2 years. Your life is ruined and she gets a free check for 18 years or more

Since the "reality" has changed, women who used to be happy trying to serve you in return for you serving her (by working your ass off all day and raising the kids) (which is more important to women) no longer see the value in this construct.

Now after a few years, you will get sex only when there aren't any good reruns on, she will spend money carelessly as there is no pressure to cherish your service or talents. They go back to behaving like as spoiled 6 yr old due to the reality of the situation.

this is from lots of experience

Of the 53 cards, I'd say men used to hold 36 and women 26, now you have 1 card and she has 51

sorry, I know there are 52 cards in a deck and half would be 26, had some typos

• it depends on with whom you marry, for e. g if i marry a woman who loves me truly and i love her truly. then the benefits for me are, 1. i'll be committed to only one person my whole life, and that will be my wife. 2. marriage is more like a solid form of a realtionship in my opinion, marriage is not something small or you can joke about, its about sacrificing, compromising, understanding each other, and knowing each others fault but still stay with each other.

• It benefits the man because it forces him to enter into the economy in a very stable way; forces him to live in stable conditions; it forces him to consume more goods, build bigger houses, buy more cars, and this forces him to focus on his career. This is good for the system of society. It's arguably good for the man since men often identify their usefulness through employment.

Eh... if those, who need that extra kick in the rear, all power to them then.

Less and less people are getting married, and things don't seem to be getting better. Not that one causes the other, just correlation

That's a very interesting observation!

• legal reasons
    Such as tax breaks
    you automatically become next of kin
    You can visit family only times in the hospital ext

• It allows them to have relationships with women who absolutely want to get married.

Then there are more women, who want to get married than women, who do not want to.

• well in my country it has some tax benefits but other than that, there are none.

• real marriage is not legal

• it dosent. you become a slave and an official provider of some lazy, leechy cunt. that... "loves you for who you are"... . yeah it has nothing to do with comfort and goods. espcially if she had her fair dose of sexy bad boys first... .

Um who u Calling a leach I have no interest in being a stay at home wife

@soulbabe ok dude. chill out. whatever works for you. every woman is unique. but all share some ccraziness to a certain degree and/or form... .

I wasn't being angry I wouldn't be raising my voice in real life. The only boy my age I have met ware I live is in my driver's ed class