Do you believe that unwed mothers who irresponsibly brings a child into this world when she's unstable should be denied Child support&other benefits?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I'm honestly so tired of this mindset.
    You do realize that it's the children who suffer most? I'm so sick of children being neglected and people turning a blind eye just because of the way others view their "irresponsible parents".
    These babies and kids had absolutely no choice to be born in this world and they need our help most.

"Punishing" irresponsible parents, you're actually punishing poor innocent children who are most vulnerable.
    I'm completely against that and disgusted that so many people lack empathy.

Call me a stupid bleeding heart liberal blah blah blah. But the less children that suffer unnecessarily, the better.

You're right. Public policy and social benefits are not there to punish people. I'm sure if we were to analyze every aspect of a person's life, there would be something irresponsible we've all done that would disqualify all of us from social/government benefits.

The purpose of social benefits is to improve the lives of the people. Whether the mother is irresponsible or just fell on hard times from an accident or unexpected medical condition makes no difference regarding her need for help. If the government rejected help to "irresponsible" parents, do you really think society would benefit from this? The few bucks saved does not offset the harm that these children will likely do from growing up in a poor or underserved family. The kids will probably grow into a life of crime and murder/rape/steal from you in the future.

What Girls Said 1

• Why is it only the mother's fault? Why not the father's fault? If she has to bear the burden of raising a child because it's her legal and moral duty, even if the child was conceived through unideal ways, why can't the father? Both parties could have practiced safe sex, but if neither decides to use them then both are at fault which means both take responsibility.
    It's as simple as that.

What Guys Said 1

• No she go after the father for support like all the rest do