Is it possible to be too independent even as a guy? guys and girls opinions please

Sometime I feel like I'm too independent and I'm wondering if that is possible.

I'm a very secluded person.

• Yes
  • No

What Girls Said 1

• I think you can be too independent if you carry it to the point that you won't let anyone into your life. Relationships of any kind (romantic or friendships) are about sharing and if you're so independent that you don't ever open up, never fully allow someone to become part of your life.There's nothing wrong with being independent or enjoying you own company, but you have to engage with people to have relationships with them.

• I think I stuggle with opening up and I don't know what to do. Any advice?

• I sometimes have the same problem- I try to do it kind of gradually, get into the habit of telling a person about what's going on in my life, then tell them about the things that aren't going so great in your life when it happens, and tell them when things are good. Once you get in the habit of sharing with a person it becomes almost second nature.

• I am too scared to allow a person in because then they will have ability to "blackmail", talk about me, try to embarrass me and all other things. I am not saying all people are like that but I'm scared to give people the ability to do things like that. I feel no one fully knows me and there are certain things I will not tell people and I think it has started to affect me socially. I never had a real relationship nor best friends.

What Guys Said 1

• only if it interferes with your pursuit of happiness