Does anyone have a problem with sharing their wedding photos on social media?

That is how I am in contact with all my friends and family. My fiancé and I are planning an unique elopement just the two of us since our family is 10 hours away. So I had planned on sharing my memories that way for my family and friends to see. My fiancé is not on social media. So he thinks I should not share our memories unless I blur him out. What kind of marriage photo is that. I think it's crazy. I don't want to show pics of us with him blurred out. The argument is so bad that we may not get married.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't even consider marrying a girl that has all her shit on social media. Just think about how she would traumatize the children. That type of girl isn't relationship material. Normal people can show their picture to their friends and family when they are spending time with them and talking face to face.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a personal choice. If he doesn't want his face put online you should respect that, you could still put a lovely portrait of you up.
    Once things go online it's out there. If he wants to keep his privacy to that extent (while I don't understand the reasons) it's his prerogative.

If this is seriously enough for you to question getting married, then don't get married.

What Guys Said 3

• It's normal, i've heard many who refused, even by e-mails. They are too scared of the media and what people can do to you with technology, like identity theft.
    Try to get to the reason behind it and be calm and understandable, at the same time no need to make it as an ultimate for both of you. If your family not gonna be there anyway so try to find another way, maybe post few photos, or maybe it's ok with few picture via e. mails. Communicate and don't break something beautiful.

• That seems really strange - Does he say why? - Bit of a red flag for me.

He claims people will have his pic and use it for a joke by adding words and forwarding it. I told him if we invited people we would end up on Facebook anyway. He is not on Facebook but I am. He don't know nothing about it. Only the negatives he's been told.

That does seem a fair enough reason to me. Maybe show him around the social media and wean him onto social media.

• He's a little too concerned with it. I think he's being unreasonable

What Girls Said 3

• If put them online

• its something private... don't do that

• hi, you are planning a more intimate private event agreed by you both, sharing on social media is a disruption to this, if you said you would privately email the pictures to family and friends would he agree to this? i personally do not allow pictures on social media for myself or put my children on it however their fathers girlfriend does and my children do not like it but it seems out of my control in that respect... surely your love for him could allow you to respect his wishes here? xx

He's against email to a degree too...