When in a relationship how long do you wait to get married?

1 year 2 345 what's the right time?

0|0
7|5

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• 12-18 months at a minimum. Let the honeymoon phase settle and take time to see each other at their worst before committing to a lifetime together

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you should probably have been dating at least a year. A lot of people seem to have the idea that a marriage will be more successful the longer you date before but it's depends on the people. My parents dated for 3 years before getting married and got divorced but my grandparents just about a year and they were married for nearly 50 years

1|0
    0|0
  • When you feel ready and you've both talked about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • My husband and I were only dating for 3 months when he asked and 6 months in we were hitched (knew each other for years prior, just not intimately) and 2 years have gone by and it's still one of my best choices!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think 4 years or even more

0|0
    1|0
  • when both parties are looking for the same, are honest about themselves. they would know after dating around 6-9 months. either move forward to engagement, to marriage or you would know this is not the right partner... some end the relationsip. some drag on.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• 3 to 5 years according to me

0|1
    0|0
  • When both of you feel like it. Why is it anyone else's business. And by the way.. there is (no) time limits on love.

1|0
    0|0
  • 6-8months i guess are enough

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't take a maximum, but surely not before a couple of years of living together.

0|0
    0|0