When in a relationship how long do you wait to get married?

1 year 2 345 what's the right time?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• 12-18 months at a minimum. Let the honeymoon phase settle and take time to see each other at their worst before committing to a lifetime together

• I think you should probably have been dating at least a year. A lot of people seem to have the idea that a marriage will be more successful the longer you date before but it's depends on the people. My parents dated for 3 years before getting married and got divorced but my grandparents just about a year and they were married for nearly 50 years

• When you feel ready and you've both talked about it.

• My husband and I were only dating for 3 months when he asked and 6 months in we were hitched (knew each other for years prior, just not intimately) and 2 years have gone by and it's still one of my best choices!

• I think 4 years or even more

• when both parties are looking for the same, are honest about themselves. they would know after dating around 6-9 months. either move forward to engagement, to marriage or you would know this is not the right partner... some end the relationsip. some drag on.

What Guys Said 4

• 3 to 5 years according to me

• When both of you feel like it. Why is it anyone else's business. And by the way.. there is (no) time limits on love.

• 6-8months i guess are enough

• I wouldn't take a maximum, but surely not before a couple of years of living together.