Do you agree with divorce?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.
    If two people are unhappy with their marriage or if someone is abusive, I don't see why they should be together.
    To me, it's just waste of time and life.

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't really know that you can agree with divorce. agreement means that you are on the same page or hold the same opinion or belief

i'm not in favor of divorce but i'm also not in favor of two unhappy people feeling like they HAVE to stay together. an unhappy marriage is an unhealthy marriage

What Girls Said 21

• Yes. My mother would probably have been dead long ago if her and my dad didn't separate.
    But even so, I can see she was unhappy with him and only stayed because of us.

Even if you're not being cheated or divorced, yes get the divorce but next time please don't rush into it and don't settle.

• No, when you marry someone you're supposed to marry them forever. Divorce shouldn't be an option for most married couples. Now I know someone will bring up instances of abuse and cheating, but most people aren't abused or cheated on. So overall no, divorce is not okay. If you aren't being abused and if you didn't get cheated on you have no reason to get divorced.

This means if you don't love or even if you hate someone, you should make each other's life a living hell instead of ending it and living a happy life.

Can you really be that rational about who you love?

@IWasCuriousNowImDead You can choose to love and choose to do the things that will incite romance. I'm sure for all of us there were points where our parents found it very hard to stomach us, or to play with us, or to be gentle with our feelings, or refrain from lashing out, or continue to sacrifice. While our parents aren't perfect neither are we, yet they chose each day to love us. Some people unfortunately don't have that, but most parents sacrifice for their kids, and love their kids. A marriage is the same way, it has to be nurtured.

• If needed of course.

• Sometimes.

• I think that ideally, you should try to stay in love with someone for the whole of your life but realistically, that isn't going to happen for everyone. I don't think you should continue to make your life and their life and the life of any children you have miserable by staying in a relationship that just doesn't work anymore.

• If many people didn't enter marriage so unthoughtfully these days, there wouldn't be as many divorces.
    These days many people don't honor contracts anymore, and they started seeing marriages as financial contracts as well. I don't agree or disagree, but I don't wanna follow the same path.

• I believe that there are situations where divorce is the only option. Marriage is a huge step, and I don't think it should be taken lightly. However, if the right to divorce someone was taken away, we would have far greater problems than someone just "marrying the wrong person."

• Ideally, no. But, we do not live in an idyllic world. People fall out of love and I don't think there is any reason to be unhappy the rest of your life.

• In the 1800s a woman was not allowed to divorce her husband unless he beat her with a stick that was thicker then his wrist. Divorce exists for a reason and even though there is room for abuse and unnecessary abandonment, it is necessary in some situations.

• I wish people would make smart decisions before getting married but if they don't love each other or have someone else there's no point forcing them to be in a crappy destructive relationship. It'd be a lot easier if people wait before getting married and make sure they are ready for a commitment though then we could avoid this problem

• depends

but not with the idiots who decides to get divorce day (or a couple of months) after getting married

• Sure, but I do think that people opt to file for divorce rather than try to resolve their issues a lot more commonly today than back in the day. The divorce rate in the US is 50%!

• 0|0

Omg, is it true that the divorce rate in America is up to 50%? If yes, it goes to show how risky getting married really is. Many people do not take it seriously, and that shows how amoral they are, and therefore how better it is to stay away from most people.

@Relentless_Hippie look at my poll I said. It says I would get a divorce is the person was abusive or etc.

Oh I see, my apologies. I thought you meant what your descriptions says, but I do see the poll results.

• Under certain circumstances, yes.

• In general no

• I agree with what ever makes someone happy.

• NOPE...

• No, I don't.

Why? Please explain your position?

By position I meant your opinion your view. So you leave unhappily ever after if things get sour?

Yeah, then you shouldn't have married the person.
      Of course you can't help but over look their bad qualities.

I am sorry, but in my head, I am going by the bible, and why we shouldn't divorce. I am trying to make my answer as modern as possible for you... 😅

• Depends on the reasons

• Everyone has a right to be happy. if one is not happy being married, why stay? For sake of marriage? You're not proving anything to anyone, just living a life full of misery.

What Guys Said 23

• Divorce should be reserved for special circumstances like affairs, addiction and abuse.
    Nobody should stay with someone who cheats on them. Nobody should stay with someone who holds some substance in higher regard than their spouse. And nobody should stay with someone who abuses them.
    In all other cases of divorce the children are hurt more by divorce than anyone cares to admit.
    For those who approve divorce just to be happy . . . . . . remember you are devastating the life, security and happiness of your children and in-laws in your pursuit of happiness.

• Yes, I do. If there is a right reason, a strong reason to take divorce then yes.

• Of course I agree with divorce, if divorce didn't exist there'd be MANY unhappy marriages and women/men will have to be stuck in abusive relationships and people would ultimately cheat more.

So under certain circumstances, yes.

• Yeah yesterday I met a girl that was beaten and raped by her ex husband for ten years. I'm happy she left him.

• Yes, I do agree with divorce, because there are cases where people drastically change. My sister ex-husband became a drunken after losing his job, and other than not moving at all to find a new one, he also become dangerous, menacing her all day long.
    What I'm against is people getting married without knowing each other at all, that's where the divorce become an "in handy" thing instead of a real institution.

• No, I do not.

• Only when there exists an abusive relationship

I think divorce is too easy nowadays, so many marriages in the USA end in divorce. People bail out when things get rough, or when romance dies out.
    Instead of helping their marriage grow and prosper.
    We need more commitment, and we need to teach about marriage and how to maintain healthy relationships

There is so much sex education nowadays but not enough education on having healthy relationships

• A good peacefull divorce is better than a bad marriage.

• Do you agree with erasers on pencils?

• ofcourse... you can't dictate that two people that no longer get on should waste the rest of their lives in a loveless marriage but there is an argument to say that making divorce so easy encourages the sanctity of marriage to be taken less seriously

• Nope, that is why my parents got what is called a "No Faults" divorced cause deep down it can be anyone's fault.

• I agree that people should do it, but I think it's often foolish. Chances are your next marriage won't work so well.

• Sometimes it is necessary.

• If two people are really, really unhappy together and cannot stand at all to remain than I guess that is the best thing to reasonably do. but only as a last option in my opinion.

• I don't get the question, but if the two can't live together because of serious issues or because someone cheated and can't be trusted anymore then YES.

• it takes extreme circumstances to get a divorce in my opinion

• yes of course it's a need

• Yes but u should be careful when kids are involved

• Yes, it's a part of freedom.

• yes biblical divorce but even that is not considered best
    cause it means the hearts where hardened

• Yes but girls shouldn't be so quick to initiate divorce, don't be a quitter.

• Its sad that happens so much

• Of course. I just don't agree with marriage