Wife has let herself go after a year of marriage. How do I get her to lose weight and stop dressing like a slob. Has anyone else had this problem?

27d I've talked to a few married guys and they tell me that too many women feel the can let themselves go and get fat after their special day and see nothing wrong with that as their husband's are supposed to accept them for who they are.

Most Helpful Guy

• get a new wife.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know maybe go to the gym with her

• Are you leading a healthy lifestyle yourself? There's no better way of motivating someone than to live it out. Be the first to start eating healthier, working out, Going for walks or run together. Just don't mention a thing to her as it will bring her self esteem down. I'm sure she's very aware of the weight she's gained so no need to point out such sensitive things. Just offer her to join you for a run or ask if she'd like to try the things you make. But don't make it too obvious. She'll then get suspicious! Just show her through the way you live. That's my best advice

• Hmm do you live together? a sneaky way if you don't want to be upfront and risk hurting her feelings is somehow inspiring her, if you go to the gym, try to make her go with you, make it a routine with her and you could be like " hey lets get healthier food, i think we're starting to let OURSELVES go" make sure to include yourself so she doesn't feel singled out. Maybe if you act self conscious about YOUR weight like "man I'm starting to gain weight, i feel gross" that would make her think about herself and maybe she'll be like " oh man me too" and it'll get her to eat healthier and lose weight.

What Guys Said 2

• I think lots of people have this problem and socially, you're in a tough spot. It's highly frowned upon to talk to a woman about weight, but in reality, she's no longer the woman you married. However, I will say this: my ex-wife was very focused on her looks and was really proud of the fact that my co-workers would gush about her at Christmas parties. Marrying her was also the worst decision of my life. I'm not saying it's related but there is a part of me that wants to tell you that if you like every other part of this woman... Yeah, I don't know, maybe I shouldn't be responding!

• Go invite her to exercise/play sports. Offer to buy groceries and cook so you control what the two of you are eating. Encourage her to go clothes shopping with one of her girlfriends who doesn't dress like a slob. If she refuses to exercise you can call her out on that: tell her you like her to be more active.