If a lady is so well dressed to a wedding that she outshines the bride, are people jealous?

In terms of, would you say that the lady who is well-dressed is 'wrong' or other people are just jealous?

This has not happened to me by the way. I am just curious because everywhere I go I outshine others. And then people hate on me :(.

I don't mean to do it. Like I was thinking of wearing a necklace to a major event but I know no one else will and then everyone's going to glare at me.

What Guys Said 4

• You know, I find this to be highly cultural and dependent on age. Like young weddings in the southeastern US, this would cause jealousy because there seems to be a thing against "stealing a bride's thunder". Like you don't outdress her, you don't announce your own pregnancy/engagement etc.

However, here on the west coast at an older wedding (I'd say age 30+), no one would even notice.

• Its not that people are jealous but its seen as bad taste and manners. The wedding is the bride's day when all eyes are on her so its rude to try and "outshine" or out do her as you are a guest. So dont do it and dont wear white if the bride does.

• No there shouldn't be such a thing. Just non-sense. Be yourself. Go shine yourself. No one is coming to glare you unless you do yourself. So be it. Don't care about others.

• Haha I imagine girls would be jelly

What Girls Said 17

• Well, what you're talking about is on a person WEDDING DAY. The bride is supposed to gain the attention. It's not so much of jealousy. But dressing appropriately for the wedding. Bridesmaids dress in the manner that compliments the bride and fits the oral theme of the wedding. It is HER day. And that also includes the day of her soon to be husband. You don't need to dress flashy if you're a guess. But do dress professionally and modestly. Overall. If you don't know how weddings work, I won't or can blame you for not knowing. The point is at any other time and event OTHER than a wedding, dress the way that makes you comfortable and speaks you modestly. Some people are jealous. But that is because you got something they don't have, not so much of looks.

• They're no jealous of you. They're thinking you're rude and trashy. It's basic etiquette to never overdress. If you really know how to dress nicely, you'll know how to be understated as well.

• Never out do the bride...

• Just do not wear white or a big ball gown dress. White is for the bride only and this is what makes her stands her. It is ok to look beautiful as well, you are allowed to wear a nice dress as well in any colour other than white. If you are not wearing white or a ridiculous big ball gown then you're fine. Weddings everyone is supposed to look so go for it girl

• haters gonna hate... just be as you want man

i0.kym-cdn.com/.../hatersgonnacat.jpg?1318992465

• never outshine the bride it is her and her husband day not your day

• Unless you yourself are drawing attention to the fact you're "outshining" someone no body cares. Dress to the occassion, if it says cocktail don't go black tie and you're fine.

• It is the bride's day. There is nothing wrong with looking good, but you need to dress for the occasion. No white. No flashy jewelry. No ball gowns. Anything else is fair game.

• Oh baby baby. Never ever doubt that it is ok to look as you want to look. If you stand out because you look better then others, then always remember that they had a chance to look better, they chose not to. So it is really up to them to get their game on, not you getting your game down.

As for jealousy - people tend to be like that. They think that in wedding the best looking girl must be the bride and so it must be, BUT... the bride has to take care of looking the best. It is not up to you to look like shit just so others could shine, that does not work like that. The only thing i suggest is - do not wear white for wedding if it is not your own. Thats that.

Shine on, dear, whatever everyone else feels!

• you shouldn't outshine the bride. its her day let her be the princess.. try dress and put less accessories

• As long as you aren't doing it on purpose I don't see a problem. Brides that "need" to be the most beautiful person there are spoiled and immature anyway.

• It's wrong. The wedding is the bride's day. Merge into the background.

• I doubt anyone would outshine a bride unless someone is naked or doing something out of the ordinary

• I don't think they are

• Well, you should learn to dress appropriately for the occasion, and then nobody will glare. It's not jealously, it's shock that somebody doesn't know how to dress accordingly for where she is going. There's always one at every event, not just weddings, and like you she always thinks it's jealousy.

• lol... Your questions are funny.

• No because everyone will be focused on the bride and her day not the guest