Why would you marry someone who has had multiple divorces?

I mean maybe you could say one a mistake was made, or the person wasn't who they thought they were, blah, blah, but then you talk about two, three+ divorces... clearly this person isn't a very reliable partner. Why would someone do that?

What Girls Said 8

• I'd probably date them but would be hesitant on marriage for quite awhile. It mightn't be him personally but his taste in women so you wouldn't be able to tell until you're in it

• Nope. One failed marriage, ok maybe... but if it's a pattern that tells me more than enough.

• I would not marry a man who had multiple divorces, and not even a man who had multiple long term relationships. It tells me that there is something wrong with him and that's why he can't commit.

• 16d

I can't message you?

• 16d

too private to write on here? You are anonymous?

• 16d

I wanted to be friends. :o Message me? I'm RomanEmperor

• nope

• No, not even one for me...

• Aw hell no! I don't even want to be with a guy who's parents have divorced.

• Lmfao no

• hell no.

What Guys Said 3

• I suppose it would depend on the circumstances of what happened. I know a woman, who got married last year - #4. She had 2 marriages disolve due to her ex's cheating on her. The first marriage ended because the guy was a drunk and refused to get help. After 8 years of putting up with his BS, she called that one quits.

Her 2nd and 3rd marriages ended because they cheated on her. At that point, she said "Never again".

Well, she met a guy and so on. Last year she and him got married for her 4th time. I HOPE he treats her right, since she's a friend of mine. Truthfully, if I had been single, I would have seriously considered dating her.

It's easy to say and jump to conclusions about what you "would/wouldn't" accept. But when you get to know the situation, you're not so quick to blow someone off.

• I wouldn't marry anyone regardless of how many divorces they had because I'm aromantic/asexual.

• Yeah I know a girl with 2 kids from different dad's and she still thinks it's them