Is marriage a thing of the past?

What Girls Said 15

• No some believe it is getting less popular, but it is still alive and well. In my opinion it is the idea of true commitment that has declined!!! For Better or Worse, doesn't seem to exist any longer... sad

• Of course not.

• I hope not because I wanna get married 🙁

But yeah I don't think marriage is for everyone. Live and let live.

• nah my salon thrives on girls and guys getting married and i have a lot of brides and bridal parties im working with currently

• Guys seem to be okay with a 'long term' relationship more than girls are. Marriage is less popular in general than it was even a few years ago, but if you polled guys and girls I'll bet you find that girls are interested in a more permanent arrangement.

• Hell naw

• No, I truly value mine

• Not at all

• not at all!

• nahh still around

• Uh no? My bro got married two weeks ago ❤️

• Nope, but the meaning is different which it's good

• No it's not but the age people are getting married and having children have increased, mainly because people are more focused on career, education and don't want the responsibility nowadays.

• Marriage might be a thing of the past. Long term commitments in monogamous relationships are here to say for a whole set of reasons.

• hi there, despite any religious stand point, if i said this how would you reply, a person commits to marry another human soul being the most prominent point till death do us part but then somewhere along the line one person acts in a manner that is disrespectful of the other, not even with unfaithfullness but lacking in commitment and attention and due time spent with the married partner leaving the married partner hurt and feeling alone and unloved and then they constantly express their issues which ultimately go unrewarded to no avail therefore leaving the committed married partner to leave and divorce against the beliefs of marriage even tho they have tried, then this leaves this person through their life distrusting marriage, even tho their commitment was true anothers actions has changed their view and belief and trust and how could they marry again because death till you part, unless youve been there how much does one endure to this end, buddy I've been there to the point of a break down to desire to keep the marriage commitment but if one side doesn't want it, how long does the other one have to endure the suffering in keeping it? xx

• 11d

I am going through that rght now. Very frustrated

• 11d

from which point of view? im confused if you would like honest opinions you would have disclose a little more information... xx

• 11d

The lack of attention feeling unwanted

What Guys Said 12

• No, not at all, but more and more people are realizing there are other ways to show commitment. My wife and I are not legally married and are common-law. We have always thought weddings are just an expensive party that everyone gets to enjoy but you. It's just a piece of paper and a rock. She isn't into jewelry anyway, so bonus to me. We have taken wedding money and put it towards a house, something that lasts longer than 12 hours. Being married or not doesn't change the way I feel about her.

• 11d

Fantastic! My boyfriend and I hope to do the same thing by putting $ toward a house.. best of luck to you two 👏🏻👏🏻

• 10d

@Meghan87 You too! Try your best to ignore those that think getting married is the most important thing, ever, to do in life.

• Only for some people. Many of us are still quite traditional.

• We just had our 30th anniversary this year! When I was growing up, you were almost expected to get married, like it was some kind of right of passage. It looks now like it's not as frowned upon if you don't get married. The toughest thing about marriage is trying to keep it fresh and exciting. Then there's also the issue of one partner changing their interests and the other partner not changing, or both changing and going in different directions. There's also money. When you get married and try to have your own house, the money just disappears. Still, it's working for us!

• It will eventually die out until they change the laws and gender bias around it.

• Yes.

• No... if the recipe is right , marriage will persist forward , as it has for thousands of years. Phases , trends and fads die eventually over short spans , so don't be swayed into thinking otherwise. A lot of people will argue differently, although a lot of people will be in shock and awe too , which happens every 30 years to the number.

• No and it never will be regardless of how depraved society continues to become.

• @luci92 you know what's the best thing in marriage?

• Marriage is life!!
    it is important to me

• No because God is eternal.

• Unfortunately not yet. But give it time, more people will learn that it's pointless

• Maybe not as often, it's pretty scary how much you stand to lose if it doesn't work out