Does it sound like my boyfriend will ever commit to me?

We've been together 3 years. He loves me an isn't afraid to admit it but he never speaks of marriage. I'm not the annoying type of girl to keep pestering him about it. I don't want him to feel forced into it. He talks about us moving away together and wants me with him when he does move but he never mentions making things official with us. It makes me feel a little uncomfortable bc if I move away with him what if he decides he doesn't want to be with me anymore he could get away easier not being married. I don't know i want to talk about it with him but I dont know how?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like you're having this conversation with the wrong person here. You definitely need to bring this up with your boyfriend. Three years is long enough to know if you're the girl he wants to spend the rest of his life with.

You need to decide how much longer you want this to go on without getting a ring. If you're okay living like this for the next 10 years, you shouldn't have a problem, but if you're still asking this same question 3 years from now, then you know you need to change something.

You should make a list of things you want out of your relationship, your concerns for the future, and what your deal-breakers are. If you are having a hard time opening up to your boyfriend about it, show him the list. It's important to make him feel comfortable when you do this and don't attack him or get too emotional. Handle things calmly and have a serious discussion with him. This way you'll know if you two see eye-to-eye on the matter or if things aren't going to work out in the long run. Either way, you'll save yourself some heartache getting it off your chest now.

• You're still quite young... have you asked him if he eventually wants to get married? He probably isn't even thinking about that right now because you guys aren't even 25 yet.