My mom expecting me to get married makes me really not want to get married. How can I get over this?

Also, is this normal?

• Yes, it's normal
  • No, it's not normal
  • Other
    Vote C

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• What is your ethnicity? What country do you live in? Do you have kids? Are you highly educated/highly skilled or poorly educated/poorly skilled?

No one can give an accurate answer without knowing these things for context.

• 3d

I live in the US. I do not have kids. I am pretty highly educated so far.

I just hate that it feels like I have no choice in how I want my life to be. Even if it were to include marriage, I want to be completely free to make that choice. I don't want it to just be expected that that is how my life will go.

• 2d

Ignore her. Don't even think of getting married until you are past 27.

What Girls Said 1

• I've been there before. And I can understand you. However, what I want to know is what is your belief's and what is your mother's beliefs? Most of the time it's about having grandchildren and wanting to extend the family. If you can figure out how to explain this to your mom without sounding disrespectful, I'm sure she will back off. Maybe you have a hard time with men. Maybe you have dating issues. Other guys may not want to get married, let alone marry you. There is a lot of factors that I had to explain to my late mother. You do have a choice. But for what reasons do you not want to get married, is what needs to be considered.