Is it weird that I keep fantasizing about my future wedding?

My relationship is almost one years old and it's my longest relationship (granted I've only been in 3). I've been thinking about the dresses and the cake and the color swatches and the flowers. It makes me really excited. I know I'm way too young to get married and it's only been a year, but is it weird to just dream?
I've talked about it with my boyfriend and he dreams along with me.

What Guys Said 14

• I mean in my personal dating philosophy, there are two outcomes: you break up, or you get married. So no, this isn't weird, and this is actually good in my book since it's preferable to the other relationship outcome

• No, pretty normal.

All though sometimes I kind of worry about the women that fantasize about it a little too much. Marriage rates are the absolute lowest they have been in 111 years and in 10 years, it is projected that 50% of Americans will never get married. Source: NOA

• ıt s not

• It's totally normal and fine. I like to think about my future kids and how I'll raise them.

• Every woman does I think. You'd be weird if you didn't probably?

• Nah, it ain't weird. I do the same thing except instead of marriage I fantasize about having a foursome (3 females + me).

• Nope, and I don't why you think it might be weird...

• I guess it was just a girl's dreams, is fine.

• I thought that it was common for girls to fantasize about their weddings.

• no, it's also good your boyfriend feels the same way.

• I fantasize all the time... it's fun

• nope not weird at all

• My girlfriend says and does the same thing. Totally normal to think about yourself in the future with a person you care about. Even I've pondered about the situation. Definitely more common and serious with girls tho

• He's most likely doing it to please you. Most men don't really think about weddings, he just wants to see you happy. Besides, lots of people aren't getting married anymore, or even having babies. In my opinion, both are overrated, and highly expensive. Wedding days are extravagantly expensive... and it only last one day. It's a waste of money

• 4d

by the way, most young marriages, end in divorce, just sayin'

What Girls Said 13

• No, it's Not... Weird to just Dream?
    If things are Going and Flowing like they Seem to be Now Here, dear, Make your List, do a Bit of Bridal Window Shopping and Online as Well, and be Prepared.
    However, as Two birds of a Feather who eventually Stick Together, and Plan on Planning this Event as One, hun, it May take a Month of Mondays to Do everything, and Depending on the Cost, the Amount of Guests and all the Nine Yards, it Might not take Place until 2018. xx

• It's fun to look at and imagine pretty things and happy events. But like you need to keep remembering that it's not something to rush into or to really consider realistically for a loooooooong time.

• hmmmm not weird but we all fantasize about something at some point

• no it is not

• Completely normal. I've been planning my wedding on pinterest since middle school tbh.

• That's cool most girls dream about that, it's even better he dreams along with you

• nıope

• Hey, I've already got ideas for a wedding, and I don't even have a boyfriend yet! So you're not weird at all, by any stretch of the means!

• Its not weird but for now i suggest keeping it as a fantasy rather than making it a plan.

• Congrats you're just like 90% of the girls.
    😂😂

• not is not i do that too ! and normally my fantasy husband i use ben affleck figure for that lol

• No, its not weird. I do the same but I've never been in a relationship before. Its a good thing that you're thinking about what you want on that special because it can be kind of stressful for a lots of women.

• Ew GAWD get a life