Should I get married young to avoid premarital sex?

I'm waiting until marriage and me girlfriend who is also Christian wants to get married and we are both virgins. Please don't say anything bad about my religion it's just my beliefs.

What Girls Said 18

• Yes. That is a smart decision to do. However, if you not ready and prepared for marriage, then have better self-control and discipline until your in position to marry. Marriage is a big step. But always remember that read 1 Corinthians 7 as Paul explains what to do in such situations. The key thing is finding a marriage partner who is willing to marry you, marry young and wants to have sex with you. Just don't make it entirely about sex. But if you want to avoid premarital sex, that is the wise decision. It is your choice and nobody else's. Just know what marriage entitles and you both know you don't want to divorce ever in this life. I have friends who are already married, and another friend of mine recently got married at 23. My other friends got married at 18,19, 20, 21, and my close friend this year at 24. And many who are not Christians and they are flourishing and doing well. :)

However, I will say this that once you two decide on engagement, don't foolishly wait years and years and you're not ready to get married or else it will just tempt you to just fall into sexual sin.

• 7d

I get what you are saying but do you think I'm a idiot for saving my virginity for my wife everybody sins and sins can be forgiven but I just want to have a better bond with my wife if I sleep with a lot of women I feel like that bond will be jaded.

• 7d

@Lukeand

Oh boy. Yeah, they are never going to preach on that. That is why my late mother's family and a close friend of mine and her family got out of the Catholic church and became Christians. Because they refuse to preach on those subjects then you end up in confusion and god forbid start questioning God, the Bible, etc. But yes, that is what generational curses are. And it affects everybody around you, not just you, the person you participate in it with or your future children. That is why I said, please make sure that both you and her can be sexually responsible to stay as virgins, not participating in any form of sexual activity up till the time of marriage. Because it's easy to say you got this, until you fall into sin. It doesn't end well, and it can cause you two to break up. I don't want to see that happening for you two. You both have a clean slate.

• 7d

I'm fine with being a Catholic

• cdn.edenknowsimplants.com/.../...Terrible-Idea.gif

Do not rush marriage. Especially for the sake of sex.

• I think couples should only get married when they're actually ready. No just because you want to have sex. Marriages take time, patience and a lot of trust and communication. It's a piece of paper that would possibly change your entire relationship in both good and bad ways.

• nothing wrong with your beliefs but in my opinion you should only get married if you're ready for it and if you're ready for all the things that come with marriage. I don't think it's mature to get married just so you can bang. better you just have sex anyway instead of getting married to have sex, only to possibly realize later that you are not ready for marriage and that it's not working out

• I got married at 21 and I don't regret it at all. If you love her go for it, but don't rush into it and marry her just to have sex

• well you can rush to marriage doesn't mean shell be ready to have sex immediately. waiting till marriage just means you have to be married. doe not say when in marriage shell be ready.

• That is a really, really bad reason to get married.

• nope , u can't give a good decision on young age wait more to marry but dont have sex in that time

• That is the wrong reason to get married. I'm a Christian as well and I know how frustrating it can be but just wait and get married when you are actually ready...

• That is one of the worst reasons to get married.

• Never marry anyone who is waiting until he (she) gets married before he has sex with anyone. It will end in tears, I tell you.

• 7d

You're a bit old to be a religious buffoon, though. Go to bed, it's nearly three in the morning, sweet dreams. .

• 7d

Not in America

• I don't think you should get married just because you want to avoid premarital sex. As I fully understand the struggle, taking things slower is great as a Christian. There should be other reasons than just for sex. If you love her and know she's Gods plan for your life and you both are ready for this step, sure. Just be aware of the growth that happens in the next years.

• Never get married lol and keep that chastity belt on.

• Get married for love only

• I'm a Cristain to and I think it's pretty cool that your both waiting u should definitely get married I mean just to make it official and such just make sure you really love her

• No that's a fucking stupid thing to do

• Are you ready to get marry and how would you know that you would be sexual compatible with her?

• No... Should you set yourself on fire to avoid catching fire?
    Stupid idea. You should get married when you are old enough and can handle it. If you are religious it could mean that you have to avoid sex for some time but don't get married for sex alone. After a while when you grow up you change your mind and you could find yourself in the middle of a nasty divorce not only making your own life miserable but also hurting any children you might have.

What Guys Said 10

• "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

Do you really know what that means? Divorce is what happens if you don't know the meaning behind those phrase. Broken families are much worse than the sin of premarital sex.

• Only if you're ready, but good on you for not being an unprincipled whore like everyone else on this site.

• 7d

You sound very mature

• 7d

Yeah, but according to Christian theology, you're supposed to repent and stop doing it, lol. At least I do the repenting part occasionally.

• 7d

Yeah I know

• If you both want to, and you're over 18, sure. Go ahead.

I WARN YOU!!!

If you're marrying just so you can finally have sex, don't do it. Marry only if you know for SURE that you both love each other and will stay by each other forever. Marriage is a special thing, created by God, You should make sure you only marry if you deeply love that person and will forever, not just because you want to have sex.

• Yeah and have your parents pay for both of you. I seriously doubt you have a serious job at 18 unless your one of those child geniuses who already has a masters degree by like the age of 16. Which the chances of that is like 0.0001%.

• Yes, you can marry early to avoid pre martial sex. I think that would make things easier for you guys. But be careful and make sure she's the right one before marrying.

• That is a REALLY bad decision.
    Dude, just get fucking already, use protection, but getting married because you want to bone is a REALLY bad idea

• Waiting till mattiage is stupid.
    What if you are sexually incompatible? Then you won't have good sex all your life?

• its 2016 not 1016

• Not sure, it's the 21st century remember

• That is a bad idea to get married, dude.