How much should we actually spend on a wedding ring?

• Below 5000$
  • Equal to 3 months salary

Most Helpful Guy

• ring? pffff. It is merely a symbol. Who needs ring when you have heart. You can buy the most expensive ring and betray the promise anyways.

What Guys Said 18

• It's alays great to get an amazing ring but you don't want to be broke before you even get married. I spent a great deal of time looking and I got a ring that was probably $2k for $200, my wife still loves it, knows I got a fantastic deal and doesn't care because it was what she wanted. Before I proposed I created a website with 15 rings, told her I was testing new code for a client and needed her to test the voting code I made. I threw in that I was also curious what she liked. So, I knew.

You can spend $10k on a ring that looks worse than a $500 one. What matters is what she wants.

And if you can't afford exactly what she wants you can always give her something now and better for your 5th anniversary. If she has to have something completely out of your range, then most likely everything else she wants will also be out of your range.

• As much as you want. A ring doesn't mean anything. People place so much importance on it, but it's just a ring. You could just as easily wear a bracelet, a necklace, an armband, a sock.

There are no rules for buying wedding rings. You buy what you can afford or you are an idiot for wasting so much money that will sit on a finger for the rest of your life, or however many years you stay married.

• You buy what you can afford. These dudes in here spending 16k to 20k on a ring. Must have a gold digger for a wife ha ha come on lighten up. 2000-3000 sounds about right. But really it is gonna depend on what he can afford with out taking out a house payment, like these other laughable comments. Lets be realistic.

• neither of those options. i spent what i felt was an appropriate amount while also getting a ring that i really liked

• The standard is supposedly 2 months salary, but that sounds like something invented by the jewelers.

Personally I wouldn't spend more than a couple thou even if I was Bill Gates.

• In my opinion. Its a waste of money. I bought my girl a 1700$ ring even thought she tild she didn't want anything flashy. My opinion is to get her something cheap but still nice and save that money for something you willboth enjoy. Like a great honeymoon, furniture for your home etc. Money spent on jewelry is wasted cash.

• Ughhh...

Figures, THAT is what marriage is all about. Why am I not surprised.

• Personally, I don't think you should spend anything. I mean, even get one of those flawless cubic zirconium ones. Of course I say this and it didn't stop me from spending whatever on my ex-wife's engagement ring.

• marriage is for suckers

• below 5000$

• Put a price on love? Whatever I can do.

• whatever I can afford and feels appropriate. not setting fixed amounts like that

• focus on what go on you-if the ring belongs on you.

• Why people spend such amounts of money for such a little bit of minerals is beyond me.

• how much do you want to spend for a symbol?
    $5000 is a lot of money...

• I spend like bout 800- 4
    500 on a ring

• I've spent around $12000 on her ring.

• 4d

Oh God! Are you rich or something? 12000 $ is a lot if my guy earns 50000$.

• 4d

Sorry to say, but you don't need a rock to show her that she is more important than money. TIME , APPRECIATION and RESPECT is enough to prove her. :)

• 4d

I already give her TIME, APPRECIATION and RESPECT. The "rock" is just the icing on the cake. I really don't understand the fuss about it. :)

• Don't be ridiculous and spend a fortune on meaningless things.

What Girls Said 8

• More than a little. Less than a lot.

You want it to be a quality ring that won't tarnish or break. But you don't want it to break the bank.

He and I went ring shopping and I found this one. He didn't give me a price range but I picked this one. It's fairly cheap compared to many rings. He kept asking if I was sure I liked this one and didn't want to look at more expensive rings.

There was some drama where we thought they'd discontinued the style so we went looking again and found, at a different store, a very similar ring, for 3x as much. And I didn't like it as much.

So the price of the ring doesn't always guarantee it'll be prettier.

• What is affordable and comfortable that she likes. I seriously can't comprehend why people would spend so much on a ring, the cost is not a symbol of how much you love her. It's meant to be a promise and getting one she likes will show you know her.
    Even $5K is too much in my opinion sorry

• IF you have the means... and you feel secure wearing a HUGELY expensive ring around every day... then B...
    But not a single person I know has the means or the confidence not to get stabbed and robbed... so they just go for something under 1000 dollars...

• 4d

How much would you expect your husband to spend on your ring?

• 4d

Titanium rings are under $200. Ti is cool no matter what it's used in.

• 4d

Wouldn't expect anything... What he can afford - and I'd rather it being less expensive - I'd be angry at him if he spent a LOT of money on it... because food is more important than a ring...

• Don't buy a ring you can't afford and won't keep your vows for. You should not have to spend any more than $300 on a ring. Heck, even a $100 ring is good. $5000 can go for an apartment or towards a house. And let HIM make the choice for a ring. You don't tell him.

• The ring should be symbolic. He can get it for $5 for all I care, as long as it looks nice and is meant sincerely.

• No need to spend too much on a wedding ring.

• Pay for the ring she wants. Doesn't matter about the prince.

• 4d

price*

• 3d

So, how much longer will it take the two of you to put together a down payment on a house because you made your husband blow so much on a bauble?

• 3d

@JenSCDC ZERO. Why you ask? 1) Military do not have to put down a down payment with a VA Loan. 2) We already own a large 5 bedroom home. Seriously, I don't get why you are so worried about my financial situation.

• Rings 💍 aren't about how much they are. They are a symbol of how much you love that person