Wedding guests when you don't really have anyone to invite?

I'm an introvert and keep my social circle extremely small. I like being alone and I don't need to be around people that often. And I'm ok with that. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's just who I am.

however, my boyfriend is extremely social. He has a ton of friends. Recently we were talking about getting married and having a wedding. And it got me thinking, I don't really have anyone to be a bridesmaid, let alone more than 1. I have maybe a dozen friends.

I dont know. I mean who do you invite to a wedding if you don't have any? And certainly no wedding party. I don't even have any sisters and cousins.

Anyone else ever worry about this if you keep your social circle small?

29

Most Helpful Guy

• I've thought about this too actually. I'm like you- quiet, only a handful of actual friends. Honestly just talk to your boyfriend about a small wedding. That way you can invite your close inner circle and he can pick out the closest of his larger group. Not only do you both feel equally surrounded by loved ones but a small wedding almost feels more special if you ask me. Either way, it's your wedding day, so I'm sure it'd turn out perfect no matter what!

Most Helpful Girl

• I attended a wedding last year that was your situation but reversed. The only attendees from the groom's side were maybe 1-2 friends and then his immediate family (mom/dad) while the rest of the 50 person wedding party were all of the bride's friends. Even though that was the case, we all knew and met him before and even though we weren't close with him, we were friendly and included him in conversation. His friends, if they're truly his friends, will want to accept you because you are someone important to him and they care about him. They will try to make you feel at home and invited. So I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 8

• had a similar issue myself, although i have a rather large family, but when it came to friends we just invided as many as we could, so what if i only had 3-4 firends invited and she had like 30+ it was a good evening and day so thats all that mattered.

but like some have said have a small wedding or get a venue that you can't invite thousands to. the venue size makes it, as if you have a small venue and not lots of guests it still feels busy. so i got married in a church (small one) and then had teh reception on a ship so numbers were limited to 120 max, so when some people said they were not staying for the evening it just meant that another of my wifes mates could be invited. but had a great time and felt good as so close and never loat anyone around a hotel or the grounds as couldnt get off haha

• You could invite all the members of the GaG community! Just imagine it. 200 woman haters, 50 girls who are actually guys, 4,000 guys with penis insecurity, 4,000 girls with breast insecurity, it would be amazing.

• Lol! Thank you for this :)

• Yes it's defiantly an issue. It just reminds you of the lack of people when you don't really need that reminder

It's a tuff call. Either you both agree for a small size wedding. Or just let it go and if it's small on your side. Then so be it. But that prolly won't be fun for you

• you could ask your boyfriend's sister. It will also help in building a good relation with his family.

• Then have a small wedding. It isn't obligatory to have bridesmaids and such. When I was a kid I went to a wedding in a park where it was just immediate family and maybe a dozen friends (my parents among them). No best man, maid of honor, ring bearer, flower girl, etc.

• honestly I have a huge family so I don't have to worry about that what I worry about is giving my family a marriage to show up to

• You can invite your family, cousins and others related from you parents

• Just use a justice of the peace.

What Girls Said 1

• You can ask his sisters or female cousins to stand beside you, im sure they will. But i also want a small wedding with only parents, siblings, and grandparents. Im only inviting a few aunts/uncles and then my female cousins will stand beside me while one or two of my male cousins stand beside the groom