To Tell or Not to Tell

I'm 24, a virgin, and I've never had a real/serious relationship. If you have ever watched Drew Barrymore's Never Been Kissed - that's kinda like me. Most people find that strange.

I wanted to know if its better for me to tell a guy that I'm not experienced or if its better not to tell him and pretend that I am experienced?

Should I just lay my cards on the table and tell him I'm a virgin and waiting for marriage? or should it be something he notices later on?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think when you meet someone and start dating , if he starts moving in on you too soon , stop him and just say I need to know you better , after you start feeling really comfortable with him and have been dating maybe for 3 months .if he starts talking about it , tell him I am waiting for the person I will Love , but I think if you date a mature men it should be complicated , you should be proud to be such a good girl , wow , I mean I know men that would die for a virgin , I was like you , I lost my virginity at 21 to my current boyfriend we started dating at 20 had sex at 21 I was a virgin and I am now 25 years old he is still with me ! and in love!

What Guys Said 2

• It's totally up to you. There's no need to tell someone at the outset of a relationship, because by the time sex becomes part of the equation, you should know each other much better. When the relationship becomes serious, sex will probably become a topic of discussion, and that's when you should tell him. Basically, don't give guys a reason to leave you before they even know who you are. You'll be more likely to find a partner who will stick by you if they like who you are as a person first.

• I'd say tell him up front and avoid a awkward situation later. If he's making out with you one night and he makes move and you stop him and tell him then, then he's going to feel bad. Tell him now.

What Girls Said 3

• Tell him. Honesty is one of the most important things in a relationship. But also, only date guys you know and trust, that way you are more sure they won't try to take advantage of that inexperience.

A guy should respect you for your straightforwardness and honesty. If he doesn't maybe he just isn't the guy for you.

• I believe you should tell him because I'm the same way you are.Im a virgin and waiting for marriage. guys who really care about a girl respect that and are willing to wait

• Well, I guess that it depends on how far into the relationship the two of you have been in (like how long you've been together). But In the end, I believe that if he really likes and cares about you, then he souldn't care. Though, if it is a strong belief that you have, I think you should tell him your views after you get to know him a little (like, don't tell him on the first date or anything, unless he's expecting it that night, then tell him). But after you get to know him a little better, get into a conversation that focuses on what you want in life, and what your plans are and everything. Then just ease it into the conversation in a non intimidating way. but like I said, if he really likes you and is serious about you, he shouldn't care and respect your morals and values. hope this helped!