I want to know why I can't get over this guy? Why I can't get him out of my head. I know I was engaged to him but he broke my heart. He was a wonderful person and I still love him. Why can't I get over him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok I don't mean 2 sound ageist or anything but your only 15 you have your whole life ahead of you like literally most girls your age haven't even kissed a guy and your engaged. I went out with an older guy when I was 15 for 6 months and I loved him but he dumped me he was in college and I was still in school but ya I guess it took me a while to get over him because I thought he was the one, I know sad now when I look back at it but it was true to me at the time.This guy was my world and he dumped me that was 7 years ago I've had 2 long term boyfriends since and he still always texts me out of the blue but I have no interest because what I wanted back then from a boyfriend I don't want now. My type now is completely different to back then. So all I can say is go out and have fun enjoy your single life and learn about yourself trust me when your ready to get engaged and settle down you'll will be more mature and you'll want more from a man and if he changes with you then there's no reason why you can't be together in years to come and do the whole marriage thing. You didn't say what age he is but I'm guessing he's not much older than you so he probably left you because he realized he was too young to commit. Go and enjoy your freedom meet more guys have a few relationships find out the qualities you like and dislike in a guy remember all those boyfriends you have are just rehearsals for the one your going to marry... So stop thinking about him and go get yourself a rebound guy while your trying to get over him.Hope this helps.

• Thanks so much for the advice and hey if you want to you can add me on here. I know I'm not on much but it would still be cool. and I thought I was the only one who sent JYnormous answers on here. . .lol

• Ya I know I love to hear myself rant on lol :)

What Guys Said 3

• No love is as pure as your first love. This is why you are taking it so hard.

Try to convince yourself that this may be your first, but won't be your last. Forgive yourself and him for what you think went wrong in the relationship. Keep an open mind and stay positive. Go out and socialize with some men (just to be around them can build confidence and make you more comfortable). This should get you on your way to moving on.

Good luck.

• i think the fact that you two broke things off at such a young age has a lot to do with it. as young as you are and deciding to get engaged is a big step, and if something goes wrong, yur heart is going to be left vulnerable for something fierce. almost 10 times worse than getting over yur first love. its not going to be easy to get over him, so don't be surprised why its still hurting

• You'd have to be pretty dumb to get engaged at 17.

What Girls Said 1

• just move on. time hls. separatin helps. I'm completely over all my ex's.

i listed off reasons why they're not a good choice for me and it helped me to realize I made the right decision.