Ok, so my ex broke up with me and we were engaged.

I've known him for 3 years. So we both lived in Vegas and things were going great until he moved to Virginia a month ago. Before he left he proposed to me. He said that we would be together forever. And a couple weeks ago he broke up with me cause he said there's too much stress going on because of college and work and him not being able to see me. So he said we should stay separated until he comes back to Vegas, which I don't know when he'll be back. Should I be worried? I miss him so much. I can't help but think he just broke up with me to be with other girls. Since he's telling me I can hook up with other guys since I'm single now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I think that was his way of breaking up with you sorry but sounds like it. Okay so he's in another state and in college you seem really young I'll help you out.He seems like he's growing up and can't be held down he's taking opportunities right now like you you have the choice of going with other guys.I know right now it might not seem that way but it worked out for the best that he told you all that ahead of time instead of doing other things behind ur back if you don't know when he's going back then I say don't wait up because you could be waiting for the rest of ur life which isn't good at all. But just be thankful that he didn't hurt you more by lying not all guys will do that.It will take time to get over him I'm not gonna lie but just try to make the most of it.

What Guys Said 2

• I agree with the girls here.

And for one, you're way to young be engaged, married or involved in a committed relationship. Go out and have your fun. For one, he may not be seeing a girl right now, but it's not too far behind. And really, from my perspective his statement about hooking up with other guys is awfully telling.

You need to forget him and go have your life experiences. He's not worth it to wait for.

• You're both young, and he may have just discovered that he was not ready to give up the singles life. I've been in the same situation, and keeping a new long-distance relationship was incredibly stressful. Date other people (not necessarily for 'hooking up' purposes), and keep him as a comparison in the back of your mind. He'll remember you as well.

If and when he comes back, you'll both have better ideas about what you really want from a marriage partner. Move too quickly and you may find yourself contributing to the ~41% of marriages that end in divorce.

What Girls Said 2

• hey he said you can be with other guys now that you are single. so have some fun. forget about him for a while and then. when he comes back you ask him if he really wants to marry you. make sure its the truth and then live a happy life. lol. hope my advice helped a little bitt good luckk [=

• Hey, you are free to do your own thing so have fun. If he was really committed to you, he would have taken you with him or at least waited for you. Instead, he broke up with you.

Move on. He is having his own kind of fun at college.

Good luck!