Do you want to get married?

For those of you who are not married: Not necessarily at this moment, but do you want to eventually get married in your lifetime? Why or why not? Why is it important to you or not important to you? What does marriage mean to you/why would you get married?

If you are married, why did you get married? Are you happy with your decision? What does marriage mean to you?

• Yes, I want to get married.
  • No, I don't want to get married.
  • It's not important to me, but I would get married if my partner wanted to.
  • I'm not sure yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would like to get married, but honestly that would only be if I was wanting to have kids. A piece of paper shouldn't change the status of if a couple loves each other or not. Just because someone isn't married doesn't mean they don't love each other and they don't want to spend their life with them. It's important to get married for me only because I wouldn't want my kids wondering why I wasn't married to their father and also because I think if you do have kids with someone, you should be with them and no one else. Saying that, marriage would also bring a farther more commitment to some people than other so there would be no cheating, no flirting, or no lying. It means to me just like if you're in a long term relationship that you love them and you want to spend your life with them. Marriage just means reproducing more to my sense of the term.

What Guys Said 4

• I have a huge reason I want to be married and that is because of my kids. I had two kids out of wetlock and its not something to be proud of. Just imagine having your child ask you when they get older if you and the other parent was married when you had them. I have two kids and I will be so nervous when this occurs to me. I don't think its the best thing for your child to know their parents weren't married when they had them because it can be said it was a "mistake". I hate to admit it but both my kids came without choosing to do it, its just something that happened. Well hope this is a decent answer for your question.

• It's a great way to show commitment, and I think the formality of it means a lot to some people. The metaphysical weight of making vows can mean the partners feel more secure with each other, and that they have more leeway to mess up, as humans do all the time, without being ditched on short notice :)

Besides, a grand church wedding, set to Bruckner, would be a fine way to show the friends and family that the couple really means it! On the other hand, if one is in a relationship with two or more people, marriage (being a monogamous institution) could mess things up.

• Hek NO! I don't think I ever want to get married. Could not think of anything worse than marriage. Marriage is a trap. That is how I feel after constant poor treatment in the dating world.

• I think it'd be nice to spend the rest of my life with that special someone. Marriage isn't necessary but I think it'd be nice.

What Girls Said 8

• It's not something that I'm looking for right now, but in a decade after I've accomplished some things and have a better understanding of who I am, if I meet the right guy, then I'd get married. It's not really a high priority, but to me, it's way of saying "I love you and I always want to be with you". Plus, there are the tax benefits to consider.

• Maybe. Maybe not.

I certainly don't want to anytime soon...but I don't know how I'm going to feel five or ten years from now.

Honestly though, I really don't like weddings so if I do find someone I almost want to elope or something. Or have something really short and small...unless my future lover really wants then then hey I'd do it.

• I'd like to get married. I think it would be nice to have someone to spend the rest of my life with. But then again it'd be harder to leave them if something happened. Like if they cheated on you or did something really bad.

And I know most people think every girl dreams about the perfect wedding, but I never have. I guess I'm just weird like that. :P

• I've written an article about this on here. The answer is, yes and no. See article for more details ;)

• 0|0
  • Yes, I do want to get married. I feel like the notion is just sweet. And it's good for taxes.

• I never want marriage

• Of course I want to get married. Every girl dreams of meeting her prince charming and the fairy tale wedding.