Is it wrong that I want to get married?

My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 2 years and we are both about to go to university in different cities, but only an hour away from each other. Recently I've been feeling like I want something more, not really marriage yet but engagement. I don't know if this is just because I want to feel like our relationship is set to last (even though I think it already it's as though I need something to prove this.) I imagine this to be an unreasonable way of thinking...and I imagine that a guy (including my boyfriend) would see it differently. Any opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• In addition to what has already been said, I'm guessing you're both around 18 and looking at, at least, 4 years of education before you can hit the job market. I personally think two people cannot be married without one or both of them having a decently strong job. And I doubt a four+ year engagement is realistic at all. No. This definitely sounds like you're young and terrified of losing him because of distance and being unable to constantly monitor him. Talk to him about it. express these worries (prob not so much the marriage thing) and see what comes of that.

Realistically most relationships do break up from HS to Undergrad. But plenty last through it as well. Just need to discuss it with him, and then be the best girlfriend you can and hope for the best. Marriage is a silly option since he cannot afford to support himself let alone a two person marriage until he has a well paying job.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't be a fool... engagement is something that needs to be discussed, and it seems to be a little convenient that you mentioned you are both going to different cities. Deep down there are probably some trust issues or something and you feel that if you are engaged it will guarantee faithfulness and that is not the case.

What Girls Said 2

• Euh, I think that (even if you're in love) two years aren't enough! Who told you that you won't find anyone else in the university ? I know that you wanna protect your relationship but we never knows what's gonna happen =)!

• I don't think you are doing the right thing by wanting to be engaged. You haven't give a good enough reason for it. It just seems like your insecurities are pushing him to make a lifetime commitment he may be too young to even fully grasp.