What are people's views on being engaged at a young age?

I just want to see what people think.

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems like it could be a good idea when you're young, but you get older and realize that it's pretty much never actually a good idea.

You change too much when you're young, it's a fact of life; almost nothing is permanent. You don't know yourself, you don't know what you want or where you're going. Even when you think you know, it turns out that you were totally wrong. Life is funny like that.

There's no need to be engaged at a young age, it puts too much pressure on a relationship. You should never feel so obligated at such a young age - it might not FEEL like an obligation, but just the idea of "forever" puts a whole different spin on things, and when you're young, things are crazy enough as it is.

What Guys Said 2

• its a little silly but its OK. Most people do it way too young tho and for the wrong reasons too

• If you are truly in love and feel that you and your partner can make it work then the age shouldn't matter ... people in other countries are getting married at 13 and 14 ... so it can't be too bad to be engaged young

What Girls Said 2

• I would never get engaged in high school, but I would consider it in college. I would wait until finishing college to get married though. Both people need financial stability first, because financial problems early in a marriage just causes a lot of stress. I would also have to be with my guy for quite a while before getting engaged. If you love each other, waiting a few more years to get married won't be a problem.

• Engagements at young ages are jokes.Especially when the people are in HS.

• Well how is it any different then being engaged when your older. Yes they are at a more mature age but there are people that are high school sweethearts and end up getting married.

• HAHAHA.High schoolers.So ignorant.Very few end up being "high school sweethearts" people who are thinking that way ahead who are in high school,are showing that they are immature.There's nothing wrong with being immature,it just means not enough life experience.

• I think there's also the factor of not being fully mentally developed in high school. That could seriously affect some things.