Can it last?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for four months, going strong. He was with his last girlfriend for 5 1/2 months, they had a lot of sex. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week.

My concern is will our relationship be able to last as long as we think/hope it will? A lot of people say once a guy has sex, that's all they think about. I don't believe this, and him & I have talked about it before. He pretty much decided after his last girlfriend (who was over a year ago) that he's going to stay abstinent until marriage (or at least until engagement). I made a vow to myself years ago to stay abstinent until engagement as well.

I'm just concerned, will sex be a problem as it often becomes? Should our relationship be able to last without sex? Or will he "crave" sex and our relationship potentially end?

Most Helpful Girl

• well I've never had sex before and I know I'm waiting until marriage. with past boyfriends(2 of which were like sex crazed) there were times that I found it really hard not to want to have sex with them because I got caught up in the moment. it took a lot for me to stop myself. him having sex before and being in a moment that could turn him on might make him lose all power to resist the fact that he is waiting. there may be times when he craves it I'm sure. you just have to try and not put yourselves in tempting situations.

What Guys Said 1

• Sex is a very important part of a healthy relationship, not the most important by anymeans but its probably in the top 5 but truthfully abstinence at a young age is a very good idea, you should be more concearned with if you are compatible in other areas before sex comes into the relationship, 5 or 6 month isn't a very long time if you really think about it, I know it feels like forever when your young and in love with someone , but if this guy truly loves you he will wait

What Girls Said 1

• sex can be a problem, but it is possible for your relationship to last. with self control you guys should be able to pleasure each other without having sex.