Am I the only one that doesn't believe in marriage?

I once loved the idea of marriage, but I think it is (in a way) a complete cop out. I know too many couples that once they are married, tend to give up on the relationship and have an attitude that says "well I have her hooked now, so I don't have to try as hard to keep her".

I believe that being in a committed and loving relationship is the way to go. It keeps you on your toes because the person could leave you at any turn.

I see too many couples that get married and stop trying to make their spouse as happy as they used to be...

Does anyone else just believe in a loyal, committed long term relationship instead of vowing for marriage as a solution?

Most Helpful Guy

• i believe in it.

What Guys Said 3

• Marriage is a financial arrangement. As a socio-romantic institution, it's deader than disco.

• well it is very common nowadays for people to be living with each other as boyfriend/girlfriend instead of husband/wife, the specific term is called Cohabitation. But it seems that a lot of girls expect just as much out of a boyfriend just as they do out of a husband.

• absolutely. all the married people I know warn me not to do it

What Girls Said 3

• i believe in it but I do not think it should be rushed, that is the problem.

• I don't believe it either. Don't worry, you're not alone.

• Yes! A lot has changed since the 1950s, and I'm rolling with the times.