Do you support gay and lesbian relationships/marriages?

I was just wondering what others thought about this.

• Yes
  • No
No I am not lesbian. so please stop trying to message me asking if I am.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I do. Every person on this planet, irrelevant of race, gender or sexual orientation, has a right and a need to be happy. If gay and lesbian couples wish to seek and persue this happiness by getting married, then nothing should stop them.

What Guys Said 8

• Whatever they do in their bedroom is their own business. However, marriage is between a man and a woman. I believe that they should be able to have a civil union in which both are recognized by the state with full benefits.

• In the beginning God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve, or Eve and Rebbecca.

I personally dislike gays and would kill them all if I had the chance but yes I understand they're still human and have lives. It's just what they are doing is inhuman... the same for lesbians too.

I could handle two straight girls making out b.c that's hawt but lesbian chicks.. holding hands a sh*t? Nah bro.. I heard straight girls feel the same way about lesbians than the way straight boys feels about gays.

I also heard some people are born gay (FROM MY TEACHER don't get it twisted) we had a big debate of it. Anyways long short short.. I do not support gay/lesbian relationships/marriages

• You know, your a very closed minded person.

• My father is the youngest of 5 siblings. He has 3 older brothers and 1 older sister. The only one who went on to become successful and happy in life was the gay one. He is now a doctor living in Houston, TX and doing quite well. He is the only one of my father's brothers to have not gotten in trouble with the law at some point and is really the only one I would consider a decent and respectable a human being. So using him as an example, I would be perfectly fine if my child turned out gay.

• This is why Christians are a bunch of losers. But there's about a billion of you bastards so I can't kill you

• I am in full support of gay marriage. The way I see it (in America, anyway) is that the Declaration of Independence states that all men are endowed by their creator with the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I'm pretty sure banning gay marriage violates the third one, arguably the second one too.

The only real argument I hear is that it's a sin. Well, that's fantastic, but it doesn't change the fact that such is a religious belief. If you think it's a sin, whatever, I can't stop you. However, to put your religious belief into a law that oppresses human rights is ridiculous.

• What if prostitution, drugs and stealing makes me happy? I'm pretty sure those are illegal. As a matter of fact, by your logic, let's get rid of all laws. After all, laws infringe on both liberty and happiness, so let's just can them all.

• Laws are in place to keep one person from violating the rights of another. Stealing a guy's wallet might make me happy, but that's a violation of his property rights. I might get pleasure out of killing a man, but that's a violation of his right to life. Having two gay people get married isn't violating anybody's rights. Personally, I think prostitution and drugs should be legal- the only reason they aren't is because people abuse them (which happens anyway, making the law pointless).

• i support it but the activist movement of it needs to relax there are far more relivant things in this world than marriages the gays and lesbians I know have no interest in marrying and in making such a fuss about it causes attention to be drawn away from things like the rapes in afrika or asia or was crimes in the middle east coupled with all the revolutions, I support the right to marry but the fuss that is being made is well to put it bluntly way out of control.

• I support it in terms that I think it should be legal. Other than that I don't care.

• No. It's not OK. Same thing with people trying to build a mosque in my city. It jet isn't right

• what have you got against lesbians?!?!?

• especially lesbian...

• What's wrong with lesbians??

What Girls Said 7

• Absolutely, positively, yes.

If I can get married and live a happy life, why can't they.

We are all people and our rights should not be based on sexual orientation.

• Websters definition of marriage is "the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law". I'm all for civil union, but marriage, as a concept, is between a man and a woman.

• Yeah and webster also put "ain't" in the dictionary, why, so uneducated people could say this word without being critisized for being stupid.

Webster gets it wrong sometimes.

• What is the big deal? Let them have the right to marry just like straight couples. Just because they're gay doesn't mean they won't commit to their partner or don't deserve to have a family.

• Yes, definitely. Everyone deserves love no matter what.

• Yes, I support gay people in general. I don't really undestand why people get so upset about it. I'm straight and I don't see how other people who are gay affect me. It doesn't affect me, so why should I be bothered by it? Let people do whatever they want, there's nothing wrong with it... People can't help who they are and what they feel...and they shouldn't have to change what they are just to fit into societies idea of what they should be.

• In today's world it is hard to pick up a newspaper or read an Internet news site and not see something about war, murder, abuse etc. When some peoples version of love is abusing young children or killing someone because of a dispute over something as petty as Facebook or because they can't stand to see them with anyone else how can we condemn two consenting adults that have found happiness in a relationship that is based on loving each other, supporting each other, having fun with each other and wanting to share their lives with each other just because they happen to be of the same gender.

When you ask people in a marriage why they love their partners the most common answers are that they are loving, kind, thoughtful, can make them laugh, are always their to lend a shoulder to cry on, help them when they need it and make them feel as if they are the most important person in the world. None of these factors, I repeat none, are gender specific.

I understand that there has to be sexual compatibility but when two people love each other, are attracted to each other in the ways mentioned above and there is a spark, that chemistry between two people then sex is just an extention of it; a way of expressing that love. It doesn't matter what's supposed to go where it's just a way of connecting on a deeper level.

I think that those who are greatly critical of homosexuals and bisexuals are in the long run only going to cause the greatest harm. I believe that homosexuals and bisexuals are often some of the strongest people because they have had to stand up to all sorts of bigotry and criticism from a wide range of people. As such an individuals homophobia will not harm them. I think that in today's society where statistics show that as many as 15% of people are gay or bi in some cultures an individuals homophobia will do more harm to them. One day it maybe their son, daughter, brother, sister, best friend or even parent that comes out as gay or bisexual. What would an individual who is homophobic do if they meet the love of their life but find out they are bisexual and have had loving relationships with people of the same sex in the past.

Finally, to those who use God didn't intend it that way and that it is a sin as a reason for believing they shouldn't have the same rights I refer to my original point. Would an omnibenevolent God that the majority of monotheistic religions dictate exist really condemn a person from finding a love that is precious and special, something he created when so much hate and destruction is being caused in the world. If an omnibenevolent God truly did exist wouldn't it be more likely he would encourage something that brings true happiness to an individual and lasts for years if it causes no harm to another. And lets face it, homosexual relationships cause no more harm than heterosexual relationship. Homosexual relationships are susceptible to the same pitfalls and problems as heterosexual relationships because we are human.

• Of course, why not? They aren't hurting anybody by doing this.

• i chose A because it's not like those couples are hurting me by marrying each other. I really don't mind gay/lesbian marriages. they can still be nice people.

but I also read somewhere that in a study, the children do better with a male and female relationship.

i don't have an opinion on that, but I'm just putting it out there cus it seems related to the topic.