We broke up after 6 years and he got engaged to someone else less than a month later. What's up with that?

We're not kids...Both in our 40s. We planned on getting married and he even had the (beautiful) ring but we were waiting for our children to graduate high school in 2012 and then we planned to get engaged officially...This was more my idea but he agreed. A few months back he went through a rough time...son got arrested; business went under; health issues with no insurance. He told me he is 41 years old and not going to move---- that I would have to sell my place and move into the house he built for his first wife on land surrounded by his 10 brothers and sisters and parents. Not private; and he's always hated it which is why we looked forward to a little house of our own. I never wavered---for 6 years we looked at houses and dreamed of "one day". I CAN'T live there so he broke up with me. Less than a month later he was engaged to someone else with the ring he bought me. How does a man do that? I'm still missing him every day.

Most Helpful Guy

• unfortuantly this guy obviuosly has no feelings what so ever because it takes a heartless man to treat a women like dirt, he was obviuosly cheating on you sorry to say but its true, the main thing is to hold it together for youchilderen as they don't deserve to feel the brunt of a brake up it happened to me and its crap I resent my parents for doing what they did and taking it out on me

What Guys Said 2

• He was cheating on you and was looking for an excuse to break it off, or so it seems from the information given.

• I have no answer to help you but I feel your pain!

What Girls Said 1

• He never loved you. He was just staying with you to use you. It sucks, but you have to move on.