Which is better, being a virgin until marriage or being experienced?

I just want to know if it is better for a person to be experienced before he or she marries. Also, do persons need to find out if their partner is sexually compatible with them before they marry that person.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I don't think it matters. Personally when I lost my virginity, I wasnt scared or nervous at all. As a matter of fact, the girl I had sex with told me I was really good at it. I guess I'm pretty good at guessing what should come next, or I can tell if someone is satisfied ;) but either way. I haven't had sex since because when my wife finds out I've had sex with X amount of people it kind of loses the intimacy factor. On the other hand, you pretty much can find whatever your looking for. If you wait long enough you will find the person that is glad you waited, or you can find the person who doesn't care at all. Who you are and who you become in life is defined by the choices you make, and since there is no going back once you've made those choices, choose wisely. I would wait, I am a christian, and in this world consumed by darkness the popular thing to do is conform. When you decide to stand out and let people know it with confidence, you will be an example to those around you ( and that doesn't matter if your religious or not, people ultimately respect those who do the right thing. and even if they say they don't it is just because if they can lower you to their level it justifies that you can fall to their level too. kind of like the message in the new batman movie)!

What Guys Said 4

• I think being as close to inexperienced or a virgin is best. Experiencing and exploring intimacy like having sex is best left to the person you plan to or are already married to. Putting sex before love is like putting the cart before the horse thing. As far as sexual compatibility, you'll find that out along the way because you'll have done some other sexual things as you continue to fall more in love with each other. Statistics indicate that 8 out of 10 couple having sex before marriage end up in divorce, and that's 50 percent greater than couple that don't! Facts speak for themselves.

• From which source did you get ur facts?

• Look online or wherever you want to do the research!

• You can answer 90% of the questions on this site with one answer.

And that is : it depends on the person. That's it.

Maybe for you having someone care enough to wait would be best. Or maybe your the type that has to have really good sex for a relationship to work. There are just so many variables to give a right answer for your question.

All I can say is that I would wait if a girl wanted to. I don't have to have sex to be with a girl.

I was dating a younger women not too long ago who wanted to wait till she was married, If it was not for her attitude we would still be together. I'm just too old to put up with attitude.

Not sure if that really answered the question well.

• oh one other thing, where do you think the amercian marriage originally came from? the bible. When people first become married that honeymoon/newlywed period is a time to explore each other sexually! as a matter of fact that is what god intended! not having sexual chemistry is a load of crap. if you love each other, it will be the best thing ever!

• I would much rather be with someone experienced and have sex before we marry. I don't understand how some people can wait until they marry.

• "I don't understand how some people can wait until they marry." Factors like religion, and honor are by far the most common choices as to why some people prefer to stay virgin. That being said, they are given no other choice BUT to stay a virgin. In many other cases, its about whether or not a person is actually ready to give it all up.

• The whole first part is completely irrelevant to my comment. I am merely saying that I would never be able to wait that long. Perhaps that's just because of my religious / social situation, but that isn't part of my comment. And anyway, I know many americans that have told me they aren't going to lose their virginity until they marry because the feel that it will lead to a better marriage, not religious, honorary or if they are ready to give it up.

What Girls Said 3

• I used to say that I wanted to stay a virgin until I got married, but when you are in love with someone it is something that you do not regret doing. Even though we have now split after many years of a relationship, I still do not regret having lost my virginity to him. I think it is good to have some experience before you get married because then you know what you're doing.well at least somewhat LOL. And you also know what makes you feel good and what doesn't. I do not recommend, however, sleeping around with whoever! He was my first and so far the only one, but he taught me things I didn't even know could be done! LOL

• In my opinion, it is better to know before you are married if you are sexually compatible. Sex is a big part of a marriage, and the number 2 reason listed for divorce (behind money). You need to try it out and see if it works for both partners. Besides, the man or woman you marry is the ONLY person you will be having sex with! Would you buy a pair of shoes if they were the ONLY shoes you could wear for the rest of your life without trying them on? and that's just shoes!

• It's really based on how you feel about it. Be to be honest, if two virgins were to wait until marriage, good luck with the Honeymoon, where two people are clueless, scared, and don't know what to do.